Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Help save my marriage: Air Conditioner fan control - 1979 43C

Bob, if you need an expert that won't cost you a tank of fuel, Larry from Charles Miller YES in Saybrook has done a lot for me for over ten years and always been reasonable.

Good to see you back to the club!

Capt K

I have to say....I had both my units switched over to the digital controls last year and they are amazing. They are well worth the money. Mine are Marine Air Systems retrofits and were done by Ocean Options here in Annapolis, I think that's their name. I would do it again in a second; they did a great job and boy do they work well.

digital control make a BIG difference in comfort... when i got the 53, the salon's controls had been upgraded but not the S/R also they came with the boat. i finally had them installed a year later when i had some work done on the A/Cs and it's really worth it.

i forgot what model they are, there is an interface box connected to the displays by phone type cables. Pretty basic models with red deigital read out, I can look up the exact model ...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks, guys.

Capt K, it's always great to get out that way where I can actually see thru the water. Which boat are you on there? As usual, the quality of the facilities at WYC are only exceeded by the friendliness of the membership. Combine that with my son tangling with his first "real" shark - an 8' bluedog - and it made for a great week. I've got to admit that coming back into New Haven Harbor is a bit depressing.
    Bob

I just bought one of the rotary fan speed switches. It's a combination of solid state and mechanical. It was $37.00 as I recall. The receipt is on the boat, and I don't remember exactly where I ordered it from but if you want me to find out I will. It did take care of the problem. Mine was cooked because of a pinched wire. The A/C units are 1988 Cruise Air.

Tony D

Do you recall where you purchased the switch, Tony?