Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fine dining after the storm

Just a word to the wise. After the hurricanes of '04 I had a friend in the health dept who told me the cases of food poisioning skyrocketed mostly from restaurants who tried to save their food stocks during the power outages. Me? I dined on MRE's compiments of FEMA. They are very tasty but dont eat the toilet paper. And the gum is a laxitive because of the hi carb content of the meals.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: Fine dining after the storm

After a tornado ran right through our town, we had the county health department going to every business checking food stocks. We had a generator running at our gas station, but they still went through and looked at everything.

I'm sure with a hurrincane, it just isn't feasible for officials to check all of these places so be careful.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

When we got to Morehead Mon night, I was ready to eat something different. We walked like a mile and a half and found an open Chinese buffet. Then it dawned to us that power was restored earlier in the day. We rolled the dice and gorged, thankfully no one got sick!

Equally fortunate was that HOFer Sea Whisperer was kind enough to pick us up and give us a ride back to the boat. He also saved us from enduring any more of the rants from the drunk outsdie of the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    When we got to Morehead Mon night, I was ready to eat something different. We walked like a mile and a half and found an open Chinese buffet. Then it dawned to us that power was restored earlier in the day. We rolled the dice and gorged, thankfully no one got sick!

Equally fortunate was that HOFer Sea Whisperer was kind enough to pick us up and give us a ride back to the boat. He also saved us from enduring any more of the rants from the drunk outsdie of the restaurant.
    Glad to hear and here's to Sea whisper !!!!!

Glad you guys had a good trip and boat ran sweet!
    So Jack you staying south for the winter away from the Ice?
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>