Wondering if anyone is familiar with this Hatteras on Yacht World: YW# 55110-1976279

I've tried to search here on the forum for information about extended hulls without much luck. Even using Google some of the archived thread links seem to be unavailable.

One thing I'm curious about is how an extension such as this would affect handling in a river current. I'm going to relocate to the Delta area of California if the sale of my business goes through. I think a 53' would be the smallest I would want to live on even part time but the cockpit would be nice to have.

I'm also wondering about just how such a hull extension such as this one should be attached and secured to the hull as well as if this extension is done properly. The fuel capacity is greater than normal for a 53 Motoryacht. The listing also has an interesting statement:

"Please note that this price is the lowest the seller will take. We will not present lower offers, and there will be no allowance made for survey deficiencies - of which there will be many!"

Do hull extensions in general reduce the value of a boat? Or might this one in particular have too many deficiencies as the above quote may imply?

Thom