Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

5 Valve Oil Change Manifold

I have decided to add a 5 valve (two trannys, two motors and one genset) manifold for changing the oil on my 43. I already have the gear pump. Anyone know of a source for the manifold? Thanks.

Re: 5 Valve Oil Change Manifold

make it out of bronze fittings

I just found exactly what I am looking for from Reverso (without the pump). They even knocked 20% off of the price. Now I have one last question. On my 56, I have no valve on the engine takeoffs which lead to the oil change manifold. The only valves are on the manifold itself. However, when installing the new one on the 43, it seems to me that there should be a valve at each takeoff point on the engine (genset too) that leads to the manifold as an extra measure of security so the entirety of the oil in the engine is not dependent on the integrity of the one hose leading to the oil change manifold.

Youve brought up an intresting point. On my 41c there's a 3way valve "2 main engines and genset" however there is no shut off at the engines. It's been like that as long as I've owned her. The oil pan shouldnt have any pressure in it but there is always a risk. Valves seem like a good idea.
    Jim
    Cranston, Rhode Island
    1989 41c Hull# 881

Now do it professional style and make the hose long enough so that you don't need to have oil on the boat. Do it dock side.
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY