Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Re: yOU mE AND iRENE

Then there was Jeane in 04 the second storm we got the full brunt of in Vero in 3 weeks that showed these storms can have a mind of their own.

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Head East My Dear Irene...
    Well east....

Starting to get a little "interesting" up here in New England!
    Be safe all. Don't be stupid. Even old Hatts can be replaced!

Capt K

4. Re: yOU mE AND iRENE

Looking better for us in Fla, but those of you in S.C. and N.C. are now in the bullseye.. Let's hope she just keeps bending to the East...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I wouldnt pull the trigger just yet I kinda think you guys down south will be in the clear.
    ...and we're finally out of it....I've been up all night stressing over this. Now, I have to figure out how to stay awake the rest of the day. I wonder how many years that just took off my life. I felt this knot in the middle of my chest and back all night long. I need to have a better plan - I just can't take this stress.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

6. Re: yOU mE AND iRENE

Ang,
    Look at the bright side..... the peak of hurricane season isn't till next month...
    Just consider this a "drill".....
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Jeanne was an intersting one but it was well forecasted all along. The collapse of the steering current and resulting loop, the rebuilding of the ridge shoving her westward, etc

NHC did a great job on Jeanne, they had the bullseye on the FT pierce/Vero area about 4 days prior to landfall giving enough time to move boats south to safety
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Well Ang, looks like you're ok but us up here in N.C. are in the bullseye. Think I'm going to haul either wed. afternoon or thurs morning. Doesn't look good with what they're saying. Cat 4 going back down to Cat 3 on landfall. That's enough to get my attention! George, what do you think? I assume you're going to Jarrett Bay tomorrow. Anybody heard from Jack Sardina? Was supposed to be heading up I think this week.
    Skip

Cool Re: yOU mE AND iRENE

Labrador,

I think Jacks is sitting at the doc's with us in Spooners Creeek Marina, if I'm not mistaken.
    Mike,

"SeaWhisperer"
    1969 Hatteras 53' MY
    Morehead City, NC.

I am scheduled to be hauled at Jarrett Bay Friday at noon. Gambling; that will put the boat in a more exposed spot than further up the hill as we will be about the last boat hauled. But if the storm moves away, it can avoid us hauling at all. And, we will be first back in. Last year it took almost two weeks after the Earl false alarm to get back in. Since we are living aboard full time, getting in last and out first is desirable, but who knows what shape the area, the marina or the boat will be in if we get anything close to a direct hit. We had one of our rental units in New Bern vacant last year during Earl, so it wasn't too bad, but now they are all leased up. We are going stay at a friend's house on Lake Gaston about 4 hours away, and that could be wild up there as well.

I just have this sick feeling about this one.

Will spend the next couple of days getting important possessions off the boat and into a storage unit.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014