Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for 2 step all teak cockpit boarding steps

Hi All,

Looking for 2 step all teak cockpit boarding steps.......I've been looking for ages but still hopefull !!
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Re: Looking for 2 step all teak cockpit boarding steps

Me too. Let me know if you find an extra.

So tell me, how many times have you looked at an ad for them here where the subject simply says "2 Step Teak Boarding Steps" and when you open the topic, the body of the post says "wanted". Would it be too much to put "WTB" or "Looking for" in the subject?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Hi All,

Bob, I'll bet you're still looking also.....

These are common on Yacht Fish models. They are used to take you from the cockpit to the helm area.

Obviously, as the song goes I'm still "wishin and hopin and prayin" that I'll find one (or make it 2, one for Bob.

P.S. 3 or 4 step would work as well).
    Last edited by lumina; 09-16-2012 at 06:15 PM.
    Gene
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50

Can someone post a picture? I have a friend with a 1977 Yachtfish and I will see if he has those steps. If they are all teak, maybe I can make a set or two of replicas this winter. I'm running out of wood projects for our little 36C and would consider donating the labor to a fellow forum member or two. We have been treated very well here. Let me see how hard it would be to make them.

Best Regards, Bob K

That would be great. And Yes, I am still looking.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Hi All,

Bob K.,

I'll post an image sometime tonight.....
    Gene
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50

Hi All,

Bob K. Here's what I'm looking for.

Bob B. Is this representative of what you're looking for ?

P.S. Bob K. I need a 2 step and 3 step version.
    Attached Images
    Gene
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50

8. Re: Looking for 2 step all teak cockpit boarding steps

would anyone be intersted in having those made ?

This is something I can do.

On my boat, there are a pair of receivers on the inside of each gunwale, that look like they would take a 1" pipe. They are mounted with the hole facing upwards, so I envisioned a set of steps made of a pair of pipes with the top hooked downward, two cross member steps, and rubber feet on the bottom of the pipes. The steps would not mount permanently.

My friend with the 53 YF has a 3 step teak ladder. He told me that the sides taper down twards the top and so each step is a different width. I need to get over to his boat and make a paper pattern of the side so that I can make the angle on the bottom correct and get the right "lean". Also the method/location of attachment may vary by boat/model. I have a good economical local source for mahogany, but not for teak so that would be the wood of choice.

If Paul (Starman) wants to make these I certainly don't want to take work/business away from a professional. So where I am right now is that I can get most of the information needed to make a copy of a 3 step ladder, but would defer to Paul for any/all that he wants to do. I would need to locate a pattern (stair set to copy) to make a two step ladder.

If you are not in a hurry and are interested in a 3 step mahogany ladder (this would be a winter project for me) you can PM me, but as I said check out Paul first.

Regards Bob K