Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

DD Tech and Surveyor, Fort Myers FL

Can anyone recommend a good Detroit Diesel technician and a surveyor for pre-purchase survey in Fort Myers, Florida area?

Re: DD Tech and Surveyor, Fort Myers FL

David Hinkle 941-350-5934. Excellent engine surveyor and mechanic. Can't recommend a hull surveyor as mine was awful.
    Jack Sardina

I just bought a 1985 62 Hatteras in Fort Lauderdale. I had it surveyed by Steve Kambrick who is based in Bradenton. Steve is a DD guy and a hull guy. I thought he did a fantastic job. He not only surveyed but compared survey results to the listing. Where the survey did not meet the listing criteria, he provided estimates for difference in value. This resulted in a purchase price re-negotiation that covered his fee (which was very reasonable) by 4x. I've had the boat a couple of weeks and put 400 miles on her and have not found anything wrong that he did not point out.

Steve can be reached at 941 723 0403.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1985 662 CPMY
    Tampa

I recently used Jim Brown of On Site Diesel and was very happy. He works on most diesels now but worked at J&T in Jersey for 10 or 12 years. Very meticulous and reasonable bill.

Thanks guys for the referrals and contacts.
    Dan