Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Jet Boat Tenders

Fell in love with the idea of teenage boys water skiing behind the tender to the new boat.

Went to the two best tender dealer/repair guys in Fort Lauderdale with my owner's forum friend that I talked into buying a 53 ED a few years ago and asked them to sell me a boat today.

I guess for me the turning point was when I met the mechanic for jet boats at 84 Boat Works and he said, "buy a jet boat, my kid wants to go to Vanderbilt."

My friend and I are Vanderbilt classmates but after talking to him about the jet tender maintainance business, I ain't buying a jet boat tender.

Bought a Nouvrania 360 DL with Bow Rail and 49 hp four stroke Yamaha.

Hope the guys kid goes to Vandy. I've noticed the drunk asses I hung out with all have Hatteras boats if that's what they are into.

Bruce

Freestyle
    62 CPMY
    Tampa

Re: Jet Boat Tenders

My impression is that jetskis spend a lot of time "down" for maintenance. Since most of the small tender size jetboats rely on the same technology, I guess that makes sense. Congrats on the Novurania!~

Excellent choice in tenders. The conventional setup handles much better than the jet tenders. Also as stated the maintenance is much less than that of the jet tenders.
    Jack Sardina

Ive had a jet boat tender for 3 years with no problems other than a battery cable. Much nicer without a prop!