Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Snows Cut/Wrightsville Beach

Comrades,

Has anyone traversed Snow's Cut/ICW south of Wrightsville Beach, NC, lately? Anything I should look-out for or be mindful of other than the small boat July 4thers? Headed that way in the next day or so? Any observations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul
    1985 61' MY - Miss Mary Alma

"Find the good - and praise it !"

Re: Snows Cut/Wrightsville Beach

I think there's a sandbar near the cutt once you actually get out of the cut (if your heading south). The channel kinda forks to your port (south), then heads striaght to the Cape Fear river. If you have a gps or map it should be marked. I'm heading to wrightsville beach to anchor out Wed the 6th. Where are you coming from? Stop by DeepPoint Marina if you get the chance.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

It s pretty straightforward although stay near the center, do not stray off centerline

R172 was moved a couple of years ago, about 100' to mark the shoal which was building up there. I usually pass about 100' off it

There is a range at the corner just outside the cut, stay on it and don't cut the corner by G167

I usually find 10' MLW or more throughout but I always take it slow thru there

Once in the cut itself follow the floaties and it s all deep

Most of the problems are just north of snow cut, where the icw always shoals up. It was dredged last year but still some skinny spots by masonboro

Check www.activecaptain.com for the latest
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I just went through Snows cutt yesterday. It was high tide so no worries. I stayed in the middle of the channel and didnt even see the sand bar and didnt see anything to be concerned about.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC