Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

How to get to the engine room? Found It!!

I've got my new generator installed and all I have left to do is mount the four gauge panel in the saloon. There is a nice spot above the DC panel that would be perfect. It is the space where the factory radio was. The problem is I can't get the panel out to drill a new hole to the engine room.

Ideas?
    Last edited by Mambeaux; 06-30-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

2. Re: How to get to the engine room?

Can you post a photo?? If I understand the problem, you need access to the floor behind the salon wall panels to make an opening for passing wires??

If so can you drill up from the engine room (from under the floor) instead of down from above it??
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Re: How to get to the engine room?

Jack,
    When I wired my panel on my Norpro, I was able to take the wall panel out around the original control panel. Had to take both doors which was frame together. Then take the trim off and the panel came out. Had to take out two sections out and I was able to follow the main wires to the engine room. I placed my new panel just above my AC panel. Works great. Hope this helps.
    captbuddy

How's it been going Jack ? Seems like your in real deep. I wish I could offer help, but you know how us newbies are. I think I still have the factory radio. Hey, I have a single side band radio up fwd in the salon on the strbd wall. I cant see using the radio. Well, maybe later, but that would be a great place for some gages.
    Pate B.
    1985 43' MY "Blue Bayou"
    Southport, NC

Thanks Rob!

Somethimes you need another point of view.
    Attached Images
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY