Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Dipstick

Re: Dipstick

Actually, in many cases it is the fuel. We've had a couple of techs from the local Volvo dealer tell us that Stanadyne Performance formula has cured transom sooting for some of their customers. 34Hatt, OTOH, sells his own snake oil. I think he mixes it in his bathtub.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill View Post
    I called them animals about insurance and they laughed when I told them its for a 58 foot Hatteras! ws

Great photos yachtsman!!!
    I get so many differnt opinions, so I go with the guys who have done many naut miles!
    I spoke to a guy who knows his DD's today, he said treat them like the mother-in-law you don't like, hammer them!
    According to him, they don't appreciate being treated like babes!
    So ???
    I reckon the smoke is from:
    a) Bad fuel from a mix of old/new fuel in Florida and etc.
    b) I had to use multi-grade for about 100nm because I had NO 40w until I got to the trawler suppliers.
    c) they are DD's?

Damn I hope I am right as with 200 hours on the motors I don't want to be spending $$$'s

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    I dont know. Scrod does your injectors?
    ROFLAO

Good one made my morning!
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Actually, in many cases it is the fuel. We've had a couple of techs from the local Volvo dealer tell us that Stanadyne Performance formula has cured transom sooting for some of their customers. 34Hatt, OTOH, sells his own snake oil. I think he mixes it in his bathtub.
    Oh those Techs must be smoking something just remember none of that crap works all snake oil. And I use the hot Tub!

I have spotless tanks and do Fuel filters every two years or more because of guilt only because of Global warming.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt View Post
    Oh those Techs must be smoking something just remember none of that crap works all snake oil. And I use the hot Tub!

I have spotless tanks and do Fuel filters every two years or more because of guilt only because of Global warming.

I used that stuff you make and it made no difference in the amount of smoke coming from my engines. How much do I need to add to get some smoke?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    I used that stuff you make and it made no difference in the amount of smoke coming from my engines. How much do I need to add to get some smoke?

Okay, SCROD & 34hatt, I am missing an inside joke, although maybe I should be asking for the Australian rights to sell 34Hatts bath tub formula Downunder???

While I am here, can you guys recommend a good book for me to learn how to do the simplest maintenance things?
    As in "Takin' care of 12V71n's for IDIOTS!"

Just read it HERE!! BLIMEY!! ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Wink Re: Dipstick

Just be sure to not get any lipstick on your dipstick !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Dennis View Post
    Just be sure to not get any lipstick on your dipstick !!!!

Hah,
    Different continents, but same connotation on "dipstick!"