Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel prices

Re: Fuel prices

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxfishgyd View Post
    My boat is hauled at Huckins Boat Yard at the moment having the bottom sanded and painted.
    The price of diesel yesterday at a local marina was $4,15, Huckins has a fuel truck company that will come to you with a min of 150 gals. I paid $3.34 a gal yesterday with the boat on blocks....
    $3.34 sounds great compared to what the price has been! Thanks all for the info. We should keep updating this one.
    Jack Sardina

Planning Ahead, I called of Judith marina RI this morning they're 3.89 with tax, less 0.10 volume disc. They usually have pretty good prices fir the area

Truck is usually cheaper but van be hard to schedule for transients
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Planning Ahead, I called of Judith marina RI this morning they're 3.89 with tax, less 0.10 volume disc. They usually have pretty good prices fir the area

Truck is usually cheaper but van be hard to schedule for transients
    I would have expected higher prices for RI. That stretch from L.I through Mass has some very expensive fuel.
    Jack Sardina

True... It always pay to call ahead and pt Judith is usually competitive

In Newport marinas are always high, the cheapest is Casey fuel barge but try re a pita. Mo to fri only, need to call a day or two ahead, etc

Another competitive place on that stretch of coastline is fairhaven/new Bedford.

The worst is Nantucket, typically $1.50 higher!
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Have a delivery tomorrow in St. Augustine, Fl for 3.70. It's .50 more at the city marina normally the lowest price here. Pascal your ahead of me wait up.

3.75 at Atlantic Highlands, that s down 0.14 in a week..

Going to stop there instead of manasquan/brielle

Came thru cape may at low tide, Utsch recommened staying within 20' of the sea wall, not ideal with an almost 20' beam and 70 feet of boat thru a 90 degree turn to get inside.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    3.75 at Atlantic Highlands, that s down 0.14 in a week..

Going to stop there instead of manasquan/brielle

Came thru cape may at low tide, Utsch recommened staying within 20' of the sea wall, not ideal with an almost 20' beam and 70 feet of boat thru a 90 degree turn to get inside.
    Is that with the discount? They give a discount but you have to ask for it.
    Jack Sardina

I was just at Atlantic Highlands marina in NJ a couple of days ago and they did offer a 10 cents per gal discount...but they had it at a thousand gals min. We took about 1,500 gals. We did stay overnight and they got us back by charging $3.50 per ft for dockage plus a bunch for 100 amp elect. You can't win.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    I was just at Atlantic Highlands marina in NJ a couple of days ago and they did offer a 10 cents per gal discount...but they had it at a thousand gals min. We took about 1,500 gals. We did stay overnight and they got us back by charging $3.50 per ft for dockage plus a bunch for 100 amp elect. You can't win.

Walt
    They'll give a .05 discount for smaller amounts. It used to be for $500 or more but that was when fuel was less than $2 per gal. I've been using the Channel Club since they're right next door and with the discount they offer our club, much cheaper than anyone else.

What were you running that took so much fuel and needed 100A electric? Doesn't sound like something that would fit in your slip!
    Jack Sardina

I asked about volume discount on the phone they said no... Won't need more than 750 to 800 since i filled up in Portsmouth

3.50 dockage? Yuck! I always anchor there, just behind the breakwater
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat