Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fuel additives

fuel additives

I wanted to give an update on the product called "AJX" .

I tried a bottle of their gasoline addative last summer when we found a strange jell looking substance in our racors, a clear jell looking stuff sort of oval shape and flat. Another member of this forum recommended AJX. We used one bottle over time, ran out a while back and have not added it back for a while. I just changed the Racors over the weekend and found that they did not realy need to be changed. They were brown but no more odd looking stuff. Also I have had to re-tune my old Onan MCCK, had to lien it way out, now running cleaner than ever, no suit on the hull, appears the carburator has been cleaned out. No real change in our Crusaders, they always in top running conditon. It would appear that the AJX may have cleaned up the carburator in the gen. We do not have flow scan so i cant comment on the claims of better fuel economy, we plan to add this in next year and will report back.

I am putting in a vote that AJX does work for my gas engines. I know of 2 other members of this forum that have tried the diesel product and I believe they report good results.

Re: fuel additives

I have been using the AJX diesel additives. I had the boat out last weekend and for the first time, I was able to run the boat at top end on three different occasions with the same racor elements. Up until this time, I have been changing them out every 4-5 hours. I now have about 11 hours on the current elements. Things are definately improving.

Can someone give me information on AJX. I've misplaced my information. I bought some from a guy in Jacksonville, Fl. last year. He was just starting to become a dealer.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

AJX Stuart Fl is www.ajx.us
    and AJX Northeast is www.ajxne.com
    Steve I got your email but having a problem sending out emails cruising right now in Mass.
    Dan
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>