Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The FT Pierce boat krush

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

The flipped Grady hit us in the middle of the night and then dissapeared into the darkness. Ended up on the neighbors lawn. My neighbor didnt have anyone to drive his Benz so he parked it in the condo across the street garage.

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

I remember Frances was the one that did not get me. I didn't have a boat at the time and it never hit the center of the state with any real force.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Is that the same boat you have now? I hope it survived alright. Nice looking older Hatteras.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Is that the same boat you have now? I hope it survived alright. Nice looking older Hatteras.

35 years this june.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Yep, 2004 was NO FUN! Here in Stuart during Frances 7 lines snapped on my 36 sending it into a boat lift with the boat still in it. Our Hatts are tough and she managed to knock a piling out from under the lift, what a mess. When the sun came back out I had a hole the size of a large beach ball starboard side halfway thru the engine room and cabin but she was still afloat. I learned the difference between those fancy braided dock lines and 3 strand nylon. All of the 3/4 and 1/2 inch fancy ones snapped in two, didn't lose one 3 strand nylon.