Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The FT Pierce boat krush

Hurricane season will be here soon.

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Re: The FT Pierce boat krush

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Which is why my insurance co. wants me out of Fl by 6/1.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    Which is why my insurance co. wants me out of Fl by 6/1.

Chicken. I hope the storms follows you up north and teaches them a good lesson
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Those pics creep me out, but really FREAK OUT Ppat!! ws

YOU CAN RUN, BUT YOU CANT HIDE !!
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 05-14-2011 at 10:12 PM.
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

I remember that day well...I single handedly saved the largest boat in that marina with only minor cosmetic damage. "The Chief", a 65' Halmatic (Hargrave design), originally was docked behind Lady Diane on the bulkhead (red mark). You can see Lady Diane resting on the dock at an angle. I moved The Chief to the slip behind the fuel dock where she rode out the 15' storm surge (green mark). I knew the boat was alright because it was the backround shot on CNN right after Hurricane Frances.

Scott...were you there at the time?

I don't know if you guys noticed this, but early in that string of photos, there is a picture of a beached boat the name of which appears to be "S--t Happens".

Now, if you ask me, naming a boat "S--t Happens" is just asking for trouble......

Jim nothing seems to have happened to that one. It's floating next to the one that sunk. maybe it is a good name for a boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by J's Dream View Post
    I remember that day well...I single handedly saved the largest boat in that marina with only minor cosmetic damage. "The Chief", a 65' Halmatic (Hargrave design), originally was docked behind Lady Diane on the bulkhead (red mark). You can see Lady Diane resting on the dock at an angle. I moved The Chief to the slip behind the fuel dock where she rode out the 15' storm surge (green mark). I knew the boat was alright because it was the backround shot on CNN right after Hurricane Frances.

Scott...were you there at the time?

I stayed on the boat. We are 5 mi north of FT Pierce and had more structural building damage. We stayed in the NW eye wall and never saw the eye. The roof tore off my house and gutted it. If I hadnt stayed on the boat I would have lost it. Several of my 3/4"lines snapped. I have a video of the storm I just have to convert it to digital. In the middle of the storm I was going back and forth to the house trying to save things. I got wacked with a piece of falling drywall and had to stich my scalp up with a kit I had in the first aid box. Head wounds bleed like a son of a gun.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976