Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

exhaust/ ell gaskets on 6-71's

When I replaced my elbows on my 6-71's I didn't like the looks of the supplied gaskets. Sure enough they leak some exhaust. I want to rplace the gaskets. Any sugestions for selant (or should I use some) and gaskets? thanks Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Re: exhaust/ ell gaskets on 6-71's

Are those Ns?? I bought new ones from DD at about $5.00 /ea. They are tin gaskets with a flexitalic seating area which crushes when tightened. ws

Notice raised area around the ID plus seating area on the manifold...
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Interesting, when I ordered the "ells" off J&T they sent me some crappy looking gaskets, just a thicker paper. Best bet may be just ordering what you got. They look much better then the ones I got for my N's. Thanks Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

My 8V71N's had the same metal gasket as the ones Bill posted. Not sure if there is any difference between the J&T's and the factory packages but I've only seen the metal ones. Don't screw around with an exhaust leak. Fix it right away before you have more serious issues.
    Jack Sardina