Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hope this guy never gets a bigger boat!

took these two pictures an hour ago, in the Coosaw River, just north of Beaufort SC. This guy still has a while to wait since it was 2 hours before low tide!

I could see him at the helm, patiently waiting...

Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Hope this guy never gets a bigger boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    took these two pictures an hour ago, in the Coosaw River, just north of Beaufort SC. This guy still has a while to wait since it was 2 hours before low tide!

I could see him at the helm, patiently waiting...

You might be better off hoping no one ever gets a picture of one of your mistakes.

Gotta wonder how the guy found himself in that position. Could have had engine problems and the tide ran out from under him. Can't automatically assume he's an idiot. Then again, it's always funny to see pictures of folks who have grounded their (or someone else's) boat.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It is almost like he tried to find the highest spot. Maybe he did not have an anchor and needed a nap.

I'm thinking it might be time for a movie. Whadda ya think Dave?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Last week I saw a mid 30ft Sailboat high and dry like the boat pictured. Only difference is the sail boat was heeled over. Didn't look right but I figured it was intentional.
    Jack Sardina

That bar will catch lots or folks. Saw a 44 Carver in the same position a few years ago. Or maybe it was five years. Time flies when having fun.

Bob

He's painting the bottom.

Seriously, in Costa Rica, that was how some did paint their bottoms...block the boat on blocks as the tide fell, and work quickly once the boat dried.

Looks like the bar was well marked...was wandering if he was able to get a call off to Tow Boat or Sea Tow? Pascal, what did he say when you hailed him on the radio? Was anyone injured in the grounding?

we had a Coast Guard auxiliary guy here in Vancouver who was warned about anchoring in a location that "dried".. I know what I am doing he said...his picture donned the front page of the local Yachting mag a few months later with his big sign "Coast Guard auxiliary"...just like this H and D

He was so miserable he could not even laugh about it at the Yacht Club.