Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Talking Re: Atlantes Freedom head question/53MY

One other thing to keep in mind, scouring of sewer pipes internally is reduced when the grade of the pipe increases to more than 1/4 " per ft fall. if the velocity of the waste is too high, scouring can not take place but build up can when the waste material is "at rest" so to speak.

Re: Atlantes Freedom head question/53MY

I had the same question when I installed the Tecma.

I was told the Tecma macerator liquifies the effluent significantly more than the GM did therefore reducing the output to 1" wouldn't be a problem.

Four years later I haven't had a single problem so assume the Tecma engineer was correct. I assume the same holds true for a more modern design such as the Atlantes.
    Tim

Ex 1978 53' YF owner

I replaced all of my hoses with 1.5", but I know others who have just adapted down to 1". Both methods seems to work.

If you need new hoses anyway, just change them out to the larger size.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

the guy I hired to do the install had been an engineer on a much bigger Hatt with vacuflush. He thought that system was fine for job security of the crew. He had never seen or heard of the Atlantes, but did do it with 1.5". he asked permission to use a hole saw in the wood panel to run the larger diameter hose from the forward head back to the gen room. I said okay as long as it is no lower than any other hole. it is a clean install zip tied where necessary so that you aren't likely to step near the lines while doing other work. he made a big deal about that. He got hired on as an engineer on a 90' shortly thereafter with I think 4 of our detroits in South America heading to Asia over that next year. He replumbed our big oberdorfer macerator pump also with sanitary hose and a valve. now that thing really burns up impellers. all of it has worked fine since. our last trip was 300+miles with just 4 guys on board, and they certainly try to break weak heads. to answer MikeP's question. I went with the 1.5 out of ignorance, and did not want to compromise the system so many have been pleased with. others may know if 1" works.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750