Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fuel Restriction Issue

Over this weekend I noted my starboard engine was a little slow to come up to speed, would start and idle fine but when called on to accelerate would go to about 1500 and slow until the port brought the boat up to speed then starboard picked up rpms and ran fine. This happened twice. When back at the dock I slipped in engine room and noted that the fuel valve for the main racor was only 2/3 open. Port was fully open. I must have bumped it at some point early this season and was wandering if this would cause enough restriction to cause the effect described above. I won't be able to run the boat until next week. engines are 8 92 TI's.

Re: Fuel Restriction Issue

Anything is possible. It could be the fix or there could be another issue. Depending on how small the opening in the valve was it could have been a non issue. What size are the fuel valves?

Are the filters clean?

How about the pickups?

Air filters?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Not sure on size of lines, filters and pickups are good.

I would be hopeful.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

5. Re: Fuel Restriction Issue

Sure is possible. If the problem persists, a reasonable next step would be to change fuel filters...primary and secondary unless they were JUST changed.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.