Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red face Kalik Beer - To Ohio?

Since you guys seem to always have a solution....figured I would give it a try.
    Trying to get a few cases of Kalik Beer from the Bahamas up here to Ohio. I can't find anyplace around that ships or sells it except one place that wants $48 for a 12 pack!!!!.
    So......Anybody headed to the Bahamas soon and could bring/ship it back to/for me?
    Thanks!!!!!!
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

2. Re: Kalik Beer - To Ohio?

Have bought it here in Jacksonville at sports bar, at $5 a can.......
    Last edited by Jaxfishgyd; 04-04-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: Kalik Beer - To Ohio?

Quote Originally Posted by ohiohatteras View Post
    Since you guys seem to always have a solution....figured I would give it a try.
    Trying to get a few cases of Kalik Beer from the Bahamas up here to Ohio. I can't find anyplace around that ships or sells it except one place that wants $48 for a 12 pack!!!!
    That sounds like a Bahamas price... Even though it's only 10:20 AM I just got the crave for a Kalik.

I can't buy it here in Michigan and I have a retail license. There are no distributors here that carry it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

we got one of our better local liquer/beer stores to order it for us.it is available from reginal distributers. we get it for around $32 a case. at first we had to commet to a certain amount,but enough others started buying that now they will order on request.its not the same has getting it in georgetown,but...

What's special about it and what does it sell for in the Bahamas? I'll be leaving Nassau in early May aboard a big Burger Yacht for a delivery to New York. If Kalik is that good I'll be sure to have a few cases brought aboard.

Walt

Kalik is the "Beer of the Bahamas", or basically like Budweiser is to the U.S. . It somes in three strengths: Kalik Light, Kalik and Kalik Gold. I usually bring a case back with me each time I return home but the prices down there have crept up quite a bit over the years. I used to pay around $34/case but it cost over $40/case for Kalik Gold the last couple of times that I brought some home. If it can be bought for $32 anywhere in the U.S. it is cheaper than you can buy it in the Bahamas. Every time I pop one open at home it reminds me of blue water even when it is nowhere near!
    Byron
    "Sweet Melissa"
    Trident 78' Motoryacht
    www.SweetMelissa.info

Previously Owned Hatteras:
    1969 36C Hull #36C331
    1967 41TC Hull #41TC55
    1972 58YF Hull #58YF324

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    What's special about it and what does it sell for in the Bahamas? I'll be leaving Nassau in early May aboard a big Burger Yacht for a delivery to New York. If Kalik is that good I'll be sure to have a few cases brought aboard.

Walt
    A lot of people like Kalik; I'm just not one of them. I didn't find anything special about it, except that if you run out of good beer in the Bahamas, it might be all you can buy. If you like stuff like Budweiser, Coors, Corona, etc. then you'll probably like Kalik - it's fairly "light". It's readily available here in Miami. I tried to develop a liking for it because it's what's readily available in the bars over there, but instead, I only convinced myself to take PLENTY of my own beer with me to the Bahamas. My opinion is probably a bit jaded since I like pale ales, IPAs, and homebrews. So, when in the Bahamas and I run out of beer (God forbid!!!), then it's time for dark rum or more champagne.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Smile Re: Kalik Beer - To Ohio?

Not sure if this helps but kalik is available across the border at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario. Most of the bigger stores have it and all can order it on short notice. Price is around $45.00 a case.

Quote Originally Posted by boatwright View Post
    we got one of our better local liquer/beer stores to order it for us.it is available from reginal distributers. we get it for around $32 a case. at first we had to commet to a certain amount,but enough others started buying that now they will order on request.its not the same has getting it in georgetown,but...
    It's $12 a six pack in the Bahamas. and it doesn't get discounted unless you buy alot. Rum however is $6.oo a liter. Plus anything you can't have seems better, remember coors in the 70's. It's not that great a beer. ron. lying spanish town, bahamas