Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: step locks

step locks

what type of bracket/screw/lock is used to hold the bottom of the steps, from the cockpit to the porch on a 58yf?
    the PO made a ugly, bulky block of wood to hold the bottom, and since i am re-painting the cockpit, i want to get rid of the wood, and go back original.
    the top hooks/brackets are original(i can see them in pictures in the original brochure). thanks, bigbill

Re: step locks

Hi All,

This may work for you. We have several on the boat for ladders (from the cockpit to the helm & from the helm into the salon), deck boxes, three drawer chest etc.

http://www.bfmarineinc.com/cgi-local...de=show_detail
    Last edited by lumina; 12-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Thanks Gene ... I can think of several places where these critters would come in handy. I have a 3 drawer chest that sometimes wanders around in the rough stuff and a couple of other things it would be great to fasten to the floor. I haven't seen these before.
    john mencel
    '86 36' sedan
    "Hatt Last"
    Bayfield, Ontario
    CAT 3208T's

bumping this thread. the suggestion worked for the bottom of the steps, NOW the admiral wants to move the steps from the right side of the cockpit to the left side. i now need a set of top brackets, cant find them in any catalog, and i have stumped steve at sams. the piece on the steps is like an angle screwed to the upright part of the steps, and it slides behind the piece that mounts on the aft wall. i dont want to move the brackets, i just painted that area, and dont want screw holes or touch-up spots where the brackets were.

Billy I think they use the same Perko "L" bracket and thumb screw they use to hold down deck boxs.
    "Mambeaux"
    1985 43MY

jack, i wish they were. i can find them at almost any marine store. steve at sams marine told me the older boats use one that is discontinued.

Hi All,

Bill, the top brackets are different. one side mounts on the bulkhead and one on the ladder and then one slides into the other.

Let me look, I have a link....
    Gene
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50

Bill,

I have used these catches and they might work for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280407936699...84.m1423.l2649

regards
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

Hi All,

Bill, this is what we use. "L" locks on the bottom these on top. Makes for easier movement of steps from one place to another. Also allows steps to sit flat against the bulkhead.

http://www.sea-dog.com/groups/1699-ladder-locks

I believe SAMs has them and encourage you to try there first.
    Attached Images
    Gene
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50

thats the one i am looking for gene, i will call steve at sams and show him the picture and see if he has them