Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello to all from Rock Sound Harbor Eluthera, Bahamas

We left Georgetown, Great Exuma about 18 days ago and made calls on Long Island, where we stayed about 6 days visiting the many settlements on the 80 mile long island and got to see the Royal Bahamian Police Maching and Pops Band. There are several of the many churches that the Building Priest Father Jerome built in the mid 19th century that are still standing. He apparently understood the construction necessary to withstand hurricanes.

We have also called on Conception, Cat , Little San Salvador;where our friends speared a lobster big enough to feed six of us.

We are currently lying in Rock Sound Harbor Eluthera, Bahamas. Will be heading to Govenors Harbor, Eluthera for a "Rake and Scrape" festival this weekend. They are going to have a giant Lobster Bake as well so looks like we will get our fill.

Bout Time has performed flawlessly on the trip and I am the only cruising Hatteras I have run across this trip, except we visited with Quest one night in Georgetown. That's the ED 53 with no upper helm.

Cheers,

Ron & Charm

Re: Hello to all from Rock Sound Harbor Eluthera, Bahamas

Hey Ron and Charm! What FUN! Did you guys enjoy the beach at Cape Santa Maria (northwest end of Long Island)? That is one of your favorite beaches on the planet!
    Byron
    "Sweet Melissa"
    Trident 78' Motoryacht
    www.SweetMelissa.info

Previously Owned Hatteras:
    1969 36C Hull #36C331
    1967 41TC Hull #41TC55
    1972 58YF Hull #58YF324

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    Hey Ron and Charm! What FUN! Did you guys enjoy the beach at Cape Santa Maria (northwest end of Long Island)? That is one of your favorite beaches on the planet!
    It is beautiful beach but we didn't get there by boat as we had a very strong northeast wind the day we were cruising by the cape. However as you know there is always a next time.

We plan to visit entirely new anchorages on the next trip. In fact, I will probably to to the Ragged's and hang out in January until mid Feb and then head back north. You can get some cool weather in the Southern Exumas at that time. of year.

Fuel cost will have some factor as Deisel is 5-6 bucks a gallon and is kicking my backside @ 1mpg.

Cheers,

Ron

ron and charm, glad to hear that the boat is performing good. 5-6 dollars a gallon??????????? can you put a sail on that thing? good to hear from ya'll, sounds like ya'll are lovin life on the water. PICTURES PLEASE. i have never been to the bahamas, and at 5-6 dollars a gallon, i'm not sure my boat will ever make it. bigbill

being fuel is $4 here 5-6 in the islands is realy not that bad. Plus the fuel is better and should be more efficient.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

"i have never been to the bahamas, and at 5-6 dollars a gallon, i'm not sure my boat will ever make it. "

I'm sure; our boat WON"T!
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Just down the road from you in Davis Harbor Eleuthera. If you need anything while in southern Eleuthera stop by and let us know. Ask for Jay as I will be coming in the 10th. "Homecomings" are starting for the settlements and they are usually lots of fun - enjoy. The key to Bahamas travel/fishing this year like "09" will be hullspeed. We will be fishing our way to Provo minimizing "running" mileage saving mucho $'s.

Fanfare is 46 nm southwest of Davis Harbor, currently at Little Farmer's Cay, Exumas. We may head back around 4/10 via Lyford Cay or Spanish Wells, then Cat Cay. Maybe we will see you. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Jim Grove, Fanfare 1966 50MY Hull #22 (Delivered Jan. 7, 1966)

"LIFE IS JUST ONE DAMNED THING AFTER ANOTHER." Frank Ward O'Malley, Journalist, Playwright 1875-1932

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    Just down the road from you in Davis Harbor Eleuthera. If you need anything while in southern Eleuthera stop by and let us know. Ask for Jay as I will be coming in the 10th. "Homecomings" are starting for the settlements and they are usually lots of fun - enjoy. The key to Bahamas travel/fishing this year like "09" will be hullspeed. We will be fishing our way to Provo minimizing "running" mileage saving mucho $'s.
    Hi, is your boat there and your flying in????? We will be moving to Govenors Harbor tomorrow for a Fishbake and Rake and Scrape weekend. The annual Charity for Cancer had a bike rally for the Elutheras this weekend so should have a pretty good party. Ron

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    ron and charm, glad to hear that the boat is performing good. 5-6 dollars a gallon??????????? can you put a sail on that thing? good to hear from ya'll, sounds like ya'll are lovin life on the water. PICTURES PLEASE. i have never been to the bahamas, and at 5-6 dollars a gallon, i'm not sure my boat will ever make it. bigbill
    Hi Bill , yes we get sticker shock spent about 4K in fuel since I've been here but will not have to fuel til I get back to the states. I've been on the hook for three months so at 4 hours per day for the gen at 5bucks you spend alot of money if you not moving. The water here is just undiscribably clear. I'm on the hook in 18ft and can see every ripple of sand under the boat.

Bill, I can't figure out how to send attachments from the forum. Just send me an email to ron6785@yahoo.com and I will be happy to send you some pics.

Ron