Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: How fast is a gen 1 50c?

Quote Originally Posted by shark 1007 View Post
    I guess you don't have the 8V71N's like my friend Billy Black at Walker's Cay. His cruise daily was 11-12 knots and he got 35K hours before doing the top end.

Pretty impressive for a 50C of that vintage and a great boat.

I've known Bill since 1976 when he brought the Duchess back from Trinidad. Bill has over 40,000 hours on his 8's When you fish out of Walkers you dont need to go fast. Altho its nice to be able to crank it up to run up to Matanilla to deep drop. We have spent a lot of time at walkers. Realy miss it. Bill is down in Stuart now doing swordfish trips on a centerconsole.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Robert

I've known Billy for that long too and love the old boat. I gave him the second 15 Westerbeke he used off my old boat, it had 7000 hours and I thought it was sketchy. He ran it another 25 or 30 thousand and the new one I bought was junk and gave me trouble for years. I ran the HamboneII, a 48 Pacemaker that was at Walker's on and off for years.

I just left a message on his cell and am going to see what he's really up to, I've heard rumors he is going to Big Game in Bimini to run trips. I'll let ya know.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by shark 1007 View Post
    Robert

I've known Billy for that long too and love the old boat. I gave him the second 15 Westerbeke he used off my old boat, it had 7000 hours and I thought it was sketchy. He ran it another 25 or 30 thousand and the new one I bought was junk and gave me trouble for years. I ran the HamboneII, a 48 Pacemaker that was at Walker's on and off for years.

I just left a message on his cell and am going to see what he's really up to, I've heard rumors he is going to Big Game in Bimini to run trips. I'll let ya know.

Roger
    We were pretty close friends with Gary and Brenda Atkinson Our kids were about the same age as their daughter. I've got some pics posted on here of the island after the 04 hurricanes.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present