No way Will. Someone gave you false information. Call the engine marinizer (JT or Covington) with your serial numbers and they will give you the true ratings. Trust me I went through the whole excersise myself. I owned (orig owner) a 1973 with 671 JT's at 310 hp and a 1980 with 671 TI's at 325 hp. Hatteras reduced the available HP with the 1980 model because of potential product liability issues. The 1980 and newer boats were not as heavy as the earlier models of the same boat due to a change in the fiberglass layup schedule and it created the potential for broaching at higher speeds. If you doubt what I'm saying check it out with Steve McPhearson (SAM's) and he can tell you the whole story. He was directly employed by Hatteras at High Point and knew every detail of what was going on with our boats. As I stated above, you can also check with the original engine marinizer (JT or Covington) of your particular engines.

I'm not saying that you don't have TIB's in your boat, but if you do they were not in your boat when it left the factory.

Walt