Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fender Rack Idea

I have a really good spot to stow the 6 12 X 34 Big B fenders I just bought behind the hatch which opens to my bridge on my 56 MY. Has anyone ever seen or made a fender holder which consists of a single sheet or piece of something (acrylic or starboard) that just has a circular cutout to drop the fenders into (sort of like a wine rack but horizontal on the same plane as the deck)? It would be free standing without legs or a bottom but rather attach to my weatherboards with small L brackets. Just an idea.

Re: Fender Rack Idea

Similar but different: I made two fender racks for my 12x34 fenders from 3/4" PVC tubing and molded fittings. One holds four fenders and the other two fenders. The fenders slide in from the top. Works well, was easy to make and inexpensive.

Can you post or pm me any pictures?

If the fender ends sit on the deck, they will hold moisture and dirt and my cause the deck to blister. This is why the elevated wire racks are preferred.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The deck box holds 4 fenders, 2 speakers, shore power cords, dock lines and and ice chest. The top of the box provides a dining table for the forward deck seat.
    Attached Images
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956

I have two, 3 rack stainless strap type large bumper holders. Mounted 3 bumpers per side of the bow just in front of the teak railing. I also store 4 large bumpers behind the couch on the aft deck. I have a 43DCFB.

Bill

I think Windline makes stainless wire racks for those tubular fenders. Where are you located? If you made up a drawing, Annapolis Maritime Plastics could make you what you needed. I would agree with not letting the fenders sit on deck, bad things will happen under them....

Thanks all for the help. I need to wait until the snow and ice thaw to see what the fenders look like stored where I need them. If they do not work there, I have room to store them in the bridge seating. However, I am trying to keep them a bit more handy than that.

JLR ... sent you a PM