Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hate to bring up old issue..Norpro

So , after new stator and voltage reg. all is OK...except....starting the genny is easy...just pre heat...and then start...well, not that simple..engine starts but electrical end does not put out voltage.....so..check the fuse in the VR...blown,
    this is an intermitant issue, sometimes no problem..most times..fuse blows even when still on shore power. Contact service dept...who cares..no response, so, no anchoring out...pay for dockage..try to find 2a SMALL SHORT FUSES, not very popular unless you have a vehicle to drive....

I hope after this is all over...still not 40 hrs on the set, I may survive...intersting that my 20kw kOHLER has 5 amp fuse to protect VR.

Maybe when we get back to producing real quality stuff, (except cars) all will be better...

MY 2c

Re: Hate to bring up old issue..Norpro

Maybe you need a slow blow fuse or a little larger one. Like a 2.5 or a 3 amp. The surge loading at switch over may be producing an instant trip. A 2 amp little fuse should not be hard to fine and they shouldn't cost much

BILL

Check the simple stuff first - are all service breakers off when you flip over to genny power? Maybe there is a big draw being applied when you select genny???
    Formally Top Hatt and Tails
    1980 53MY

4. Re: Hate to bring up old issue..Norpro

Dennis, can you post year,size and model here...be interesting to see if anyone else has your model and your problem.

although unrelated, I had a similar issue on a brand new high efficiency gas furnace in my home maybe three years ago. A friend who services them came over and we spent two hours trouble shooting inlcuding blowing half a dozen small fuses on the circuit board trying to run it....after working ok for a month, the unit began popping a three amp fuse in the circuit board maybe once avery few days..so what changed?? who knows. Anyway, he suggested putting in a four instead of a three amp fuse.....and it's been good for maybe three years now....go figure.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Model is 7NY series....Norpro finally replied and says fuse should be 4 A not 2A
    Guess the manual is wrong , what do I know !!!! and what was shipped was wrong...
    Has been printed and recorded in case of future warrant issues.