Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

charter in miami

Ang, you have a PM. Anyone else know of a charter in Miami for about 2 hours? Will be about 20 people. Brother in law is there now and will need to book something.
    Skip

Re: charter in miami

I got your message and replied. For 20 people, he's going to need an "inspected" vessel. Both Sanctuary, as well as the other boat Pascal runs can only take 12 passenger. "Inspected" vessel status will usually drive the price up since the cost in keeping one at that status can be exponential. Two hours is a short time for a charteryacht. Most day charters are by the day with some offering half days. Whether he wants a half day or full day, he'll likely end up having to pay for the 4 to 8 hours even if he just wants 2. As you know, there is a fixed cost just to leave the slip - captain and crew are hired by the day whether it's for an hour or 10 hours, and if the boat is out for 2 hours in the middle of the day, that kills the whole day for the boat; hence half and full day rates whether you use all the time or not.

The tour boats go out for that kind of short duration, but that will be on a designated route and the boat would be shared with members of the general public - not a true, private charter.

There is a large boat on our commercial dock that is sort of a dinner boat looking thing. She does go out for 2-hour stretches. Her name is Celebration. http://www.yachtcelebration.com/
    Last edited by Angela; 01-26-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Thanks Ang, I'll let Jim know. He's a high roller and 4000.00 for the 2 hour tour is not out of the question. He only wants the best however!
    Skip

if he wants "the best" then chartering a "yacht" with up to 12 people in the group will be his best option as most inspected charter boats capable of taking more than 12 will be commercial tour boats like the one Angela mentioned or maybe large charter sailing cats

for up to 12, Angela's boat is perfect (and it's a Hatt... therefore the best). if short notice and she's not ready (not sure if she's done with that heat exchanger job), the 70 footer that i run is available for $2450 all inclusive for 4 to 6 hours charters. here is a video presentation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB61u9gV53g

if he really needs a boat for more than 12, i'd suggest calling Sunshine Boating, Dave MacDougall (305) 970-2031 He's the best of the brokers we deal with and can probably find what you're looking for
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks Pascal, Ill send him to Sunshine as he said he needs something for around 20

Dave is good guy... out of the various brokers we use, he's the only one who is actually there when the guests arrive to the boat...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    if he wants "the best" then chartering a "yacht" with up to 12 people in the group will be his best option as most inspected charter boats capable of taking more than 12 will be commercial tour boats like the one Angela mentioned or maybe large charter sailing cats

for up to 12, Angela's boat is perfect (and it's a Hatt... therefore the best). if short notice and she's not ready (not sure if she's done with that heat exchanger job), the 70 footer that i run is available for $2450 all inclusive for 4 to 6 hours charters. here is a video presentation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB61u9gV53g

if he really needs a boat for more than 12, i'd suggest calling Sunshine Boating, Dave MacDougall (305) 970-2031 He's the best of the brokers we deal with and can probably find what you're looking for

I thought you couldn't advertise other businesses on here? Are you special or a vendor?
    Currently boat shopping

21' Skiff

... Special. ws
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

You must be special too since you advertise your Little forum in every single post...

Spam (unsolicited advertising) is indeed banned but response to posts have always been considered acceptable as well as link in sig lines
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

KIDS lets have a little time out here please. Just asked a question that I've seen similar a bunch of times. Both Ang and Pascal were very helpful. Thank you both!!! Neither have any dog in the fight so what's the harm of recommending? Leo, you going to ask for a recommendation on a surveyor if you ever get around to buying something? Seems to me this is the same thing. Take your little cat fights somewhere else please.
    Skip