I have three remote compressors in the forward bilge closet- 1each for forward and aft staterooms and one for the Salon. The largest in the salon stopped kicking on shortly after we rolled over to heat from cool this season. The Salon AC has two air handlers up in the salon, both fans blow fine. One cooling pump feeds all three compressors and it starts and runs fine when any system is set to "Start". However, when the Salon AC/Heat is rolled over to "Run" the compressor does not kick in. We get a click at the switch cabinet in front of all 3 compressors, and we get a click at the compressor, but compressor does not run and does not throw the breaker. Initial assumption is that the problem is between the switch and the compressor-- one dock mate suggested a capacitor or similar between live power coming to compressor and compressor kicking on. System is Cruisair, unit is probably 16,000 BTU or thereabouts, was replaced or rebuilt sometime in last 20 years. I could use some guidance on trouble shooting and R & R tips- my first time around on A/C. --what to disconnect when and how to protect system and environment as I pull it out--Many thanks--