Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras TV wiring - again

I want to replace the wall plate that the flat wire attached to a three pin connector goes into with a regular wall plate that has a coax connector. When I remove the wall plate that exists now, will I only see two wires going to the back of the plate that the three pin connector plugs into?

Re: Hatteras TV wiring - again

Well.....depends if the mice got in there or not.....lol....take it off..it'won't bite

I will but I was hoping to get the answer tonight before I go to the boat so I can pick up the parts needed before I get there. I want to get rid of that silly flat tv wire from the plate to the tv and replace it with a coax from the plate to the tv. I just need to know what I am going to need to replace the plate with a plate that has an f type coax connector to it.

You should only see 2 wires. The flat ribbon wire type.

BILL

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
    You should only see 2 wires. The flat ribbon wire type.

BILL
    Not necessarily. There could have been, back in the day, a powered lead to run a directional antenna of some sort. You connected the antenna inputs of your TV to a control box which then plugged into the three prong. Today, who knows what lies within? If three leads, then only a continuity test will tell you for sure ;o)
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Bad news ... gonna cost you between $10k and $15k to get that fixed!

KVH M7 + mounting + flat screen TV + custom woodwork surround + surround sound speaker system, surround sound receiver and Direct TV DVR.

DON'T REMOVE THAT PLATE!

I heard that!

Don't ask how much!!

Thanks.

Oh - one last question. Since I would like to preserve the brown colored wall plate and not use a creme colored or white one with an F connector on each side, will a female/female f connector (coupler) hold on a wall plate if I drill a hole to permit it to take a male coax on the inside and a male coax on the outside. I do not have one in hand but I am wondering whether there are nuts on each side of that connector.

Quote Originally Posted by JLR View Post
    Oh - one last question. Since I would like to preserve the brown colored wall plate and not use a creme colored or white one with an F connector on each side, will a female/female f connector (coupler) hold on a wall plate if I drill a hole to permit it to take a male coax on the inside and a male coax on the outside. I do not have one in hand but I am wondering whether there are nuts on each side of that connector.
    Yes, that is the way to do it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI