Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: What to listen to

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    And I forgot to add. I hate compressed music. Anything below 44.1 starts to sound like an ipod.

They have great programing if you want themes but the musics quality is only ok.

What is compressed music?

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Re: What to listen to

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    XM has the market cornered for weather downlink in the aircraft. It does work well and all the aviation weather data is available. I dont think there is another service available.Before XM came out I used a sat phone to download weather products and man was that costly. Still the wx service is $600/yr

My garman was aet up for xm and i used it one year for the fablous fisherman known as commercial fisherman on xm it was a rip off not to say also costely and some what inacurate. Tim

3. Re: What to listen to

To answer the OP original question. Yes you can take the XM audio output from the XM GSD30 garmin box and put it into a Fusion Radio. You will need to use the RCA jacks coming out of the garmin unit and connect them to the Aux input of the Fusion unit - also RCA jacks. Get cords long enough with Male one end Female the other or solder some up with the right connectors.

Set your fusion to the Aux input and change the stations with the Garmin monitor. All of the other Fusion controls work as normal and sound quality is very acceptable.

Now the downside. I put this into my boat this season and all was great. Just the other day I am on the boat and turn on the xm, nothing there. I realize something is up and call XM. Now after 8 months of rcv the audio they say it was a mistake and I need to send them more money above the weather subscription. I am not happy and they are not too cooperative. The weather data and other info has been very handy and though expensive, for my operation worthwhile. I can do without the audio and told them that. Figure I am ahead of them anyway as the little wify in my car has been running for years after the initial one year payment. It will probably quit tomorrow because I opened my big mouth....