Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Looking for a 36C.

Price range really depends. I need it to cruise at 20 to 22 knots and has to have a tuna tower. So if i find an older series 1 with shot diesels at a good price i'll pit some 330 HP Cummins in it and add a tower. I really want to come in under 60K. I missed a 36 in Destin a year ago for 6K. I was not in the market at the time. I kind of wanted to "build" the boat up myself. Just get it fishable first and then in my "spare" time finish it out over time. I was going to do that with my 33 Concorde that i converted from gas to diesel but in the end i still have a 33 Concorde. You can throw 75K at it and you still only have a 20 to 25K boat. I bought that boat 16 years ago when my deal on a Hatteras 36C fell through. I no longer want to keep putting money into that boat. At least when you put money into a Hatteras you should be able to realize it in the increased value. Don't get me wrong the Concorde has serverd me well and is a great fishing vessel. I am just ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by LITECATCH View Post
    Price range really depends. I need it to cruise at 20 to 22 knots and has to have a tuna tower. So if i find an older series 1 with shot diesels at a good price i'll pit some 330 HP Cummins in it and add a tower. I really want to come in under 60K. I missed a 36 in Destin a year ago for 6K. I was not in the market at the time. I kind of wanted to "build" the boat up myself. Just get it fishable first and then in my "spare" time finish it out over time. I was going to do that with my 33 Concorde that i converted from gas to diesel but in the end i still have a 33 Concorde. You can throw 75K at it and you still only have a 20 to 25K boat. I bought that boat 16 years ago when my deal on a Hatteras 36C fell through. I no longer want to keep putting money into that boat. At least when you put money into a Hatteras you should be able to realize it in the increased value. Don't get me wrong the Concorde has serverd me well and is a great fishing vessel. I am just ready to move on.
    call me i have a friend with a gas 36c really cheap if you like. 516-993-4725

Quote Originally Posted by LITECATCH View Post
    At least when you put money into a Hatteras you should be able to realize it in the increased value.
    Not in this market.

Quote Originally Posted by krush View Post
    Not in this market.
    100% agree. Best to find one someone else has refit. If you get one for free, it will be tough to do a refit that includes new engines for your budget of 60K. In this market a total refit does not make sense from a financial point. If you want to build the boat as you feel fit and plan to keep it for a long time, then it may be worth it to you. Just don't expect to get your money back out of it from a resale standpoint.
    Jack Sardina

but at least in the end it us a Hatteras.

I have a 1969, 36 sportfish that needs work. DD's, AC, MSD, Fighting chair, lots of electronics. $40,000.
    It is fishable now, but, just started on interior.
    Pensacola
    Last edited by bama belles; 01-29-2011 at 11:57 AM.

bama bells, is you boat a 34 or 36? I know they made both in 69. I would love to look at it. Where in Pensacola is it? My boat is at Island Cove Marina "Lite Catch" you might have seen it. I have owned it for 16 years. You can call me @ 850-572-6017

Might as well throw mine into the mix. take a look at the web site below. It is seriously for sale, price is negotiable.

http://www.wharfharbor-yachtclub.com/Cats.htm

Blaine

I have a just finished rehab of a 1972 36C that took us over 3 yrs to do. Pretty much everything on the boat was pulled out and we rebuilt her. She is an incredible boat. The partners just made the decision to move on a 55 Viking that was a too good to be true deal, so we have not even put together a listing yet. It does have 6bta turbos with new props and right at 900 hrs on the engines. It has had all the retrofits (chims, enclosed front, newer windows etc) that hatteras has recommneded. It also has all new electronics Raymarine E series and C series with a 1kw transducer, triple spreader 35ft rupp outriggers, center rigger, custom 300 SS cooler and cradle on the front deck, 200 ss cooler in the rear cockpit with custom upholstered seat and backrest. Has a cradled 5 man auto deploy liferaft on the front. It also is wired for entertainment with speakers in the helm with amp and woofer, under gunnel speakers in the cockpit with undergunnel lights and surround sound in the salon with a 32in lcd Sony Bravia TV and soundsystem with IPOD docking station. It has the ability via networking to pump a DVD from the salon to the helm and will also display both Raymarine systems on the Salon TV, so you can watch it on autopilot from below. It has complet granite counters in the galley and head and has a custom build L couch and straight couch in the salon. All new headliners with installed but prior to that we installed all new sound proofing and radiant barrier to the whole roof structure and sound proofed the entire engine room and hatches. We installed a new 16k turbo ac unit customized to fit in the closet just inside the door. Has all new holly teak flooring in the galley, head and v berth and new carpeting with padding in the salon. All the windows have been UV dark tinted. In the cockpit, we also installed a fighting chair and now the really cool stuff. The boat was basically customized for long offshore tuna fishing. We had two custom saddle tanks installed on each side of the engine and she now has a capacity of just over 500 gallons and had 3 Aqua LED blue lights installed in the transom for night tuna fishing on the deep rigs off of texas. It has an all new stratoglass enclosure and custom rod holders on each side for clearing rods. It also has two teaser reels installed on the helm that are connected to the outriggers.

I have not even begun to go into all the wiring, fire suppression sytems, bilges, fuel transfer pumps, new head system etc ....Needless to say, it is a very very long list.

We would entertain an offer in the 100k range...We have over $150 in the boat in the last three years and that is not even close to all the retrofits made along the way with this boat from the prior owners. If you are interested in discussing or would like to see pics...please call me at 210-788-4383. The boat is located in Port Aransas Texas...thanks..