Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Robby and Bren,Randy and Tucandu/Crazy Nuff

I need to do this so this group can move on.Most times I was driving Randy was posting so I didn't get to see the big thread until the night we got back to Mobile.Thanks again Randy.Now about Capt Randy Register;For all of you who just know him from this forum and have never met him you would be surprised.Hes kind soft spoken knows his passion for boats and is a great teacher.Alot of the stuff came easy for me and I made some mistakes and he reacted like the pro he is.He is some what the whipping boy here but hes brought that on himself and he actually enjoys it.He can dish it out and can take it also.You spend 12 days with someone and you should know them well.At no time during this trip was the boat or Randy and I in danger.I made the mistake with the fuel transfer valves and it was easily corrected.Randy told me to go one way and it was wrong but we worked that out also.The drive home to the Birds Nest was quite.I can talk the ears off a beagle but by the time we were Knox bound I'de told most of my lies and so had he.On a few very personal notes:The thing about my nails was quite silly but it really pissed Bren off.Thin skinned shes not but defensive of me she is.When she was on active duty as a Buck Sgt she pretty well told a high ranking officer he was wrong and he was.In other words go piss up a rope.How many of you have Tats or peircings?A bunch I bet.I dont like eather.Life has it personal choises.Enjoy what you like.My self ,I spent my youth in a strict religious enviroment and then did 21years with Sam.Now I'm 58 my hair is long and I have my nails done with Bren and I can say that after 40 years this March Im very much in love with her.The thing about Randys drinking is pure bullshit.He watched me enjoy my burbon.The Goose was there but the Coastys drank most of it one night at Cabbage Cay.Now for some numbers;Bout 50/50displacement and planeing about 1100 miles,1400 gallons of fuel,two qts of oil in the port engine 111 engine operating hours,3k in fuel.On another note;Randy saved us alot by beating his phone and puter thru out the day looking for gas and dockage.I spent almost as much time driving as he did.He did the harder stuff of corse.I hope that if you know someone who needs a boat moved you will remember our adventure.Randy is well equipted to do the job.Thanks to all of you!!!Nuff said Robby

Re: Robby and Bren,Randy and Tucandu/Crazy Nuff

"I need to do this so this group can move on."

Move on to what? Maybe I'm lost here but I didn't know the "group" was stuck somewhere.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Smile Re: Robby and Bren,Randy and Tucandu/Crazy Nuff

I gathered he meant the "thread"..sort of time to close it off..
    my2c

Well...OK but it was the first post in a new thread so I didn't get it. It appears I will have to review other posts to figure it out.

On second thought... I probably won't bother.
    Mike P
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Well...OK but it was the first post in a new thread so I didn't get it. It appears I will have to review other posts to figure it out.

On second thought... I probably won't bother.
    Sorry Mike.I just hadn't had my say so now I have.Robby

ABOUT WHAT?

Ok, sorry, so now I guess I'm interested.
    Mike P
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    ABOUT WHAT?

Ok, sorry, so now I guess I'm interested.
    It's all in here.
    http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16215
    Jack Sardina

Robby,
    Congrats on a safe trip home. I'm sure you learned a bunch about your new boat. Have fun with it. Maybe we'll see you on the loop.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Sky!!

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Robby,
    Congrats on a safe trip home. I'm sure you learned a bunch about your new boat. Have fun with it. Maybe we'll see you on the loop.
    Gee Sky...Are you planning on doing the loop. I know, you need to get out of Lake Michigan before the carp take over.
    Maynard
    UNITY '86 36C