Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Water and diesel tanks

Hi again: my model is the one with the two diesel tanks in the master room but I found another tank between the tranny's and another one in front of the galley that one is the one for fresh water? she only have one tank of fresh water? and the one between the tranny's was for the generator or emergency/. thanks. Mario

Re: Water and diesel tanks

Hi: if anyone can help me with this?. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Tranquilein View Post
    Hi again: my model is the one with the two diesel tanks in the master room but I found another tank between the tranny's and another one in front of the galley that one is the one for fresh water? she only have one tank of fresh water? and the one between the tranny's was for the generator or emergency/. thanks. Mario

Maybe a holding tank?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

It would help to know what model boat you have and the year it was built.

43 DC 1974, no flybridge.

He details it here:

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14262

Try to keep up, okay?
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

We had a 1975 43DC. It had two fuel tanks in the master under the berths, 200gallons on each side. Then it had a waste holding tank between the engines and a fresh water tank forward. Yours is probably similar.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

7. Re: Water and diesel tanks

Same tank layout on my 1972 48 YF,
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Three tanks on the older 43 aft cabins. On mine the foward is the holding tank, second tank going aft is the water tank, farthest aft is on my boat unused, haven't decided whether to use as fuel or water. Guess it depends on where I go with the boat. All tanks are between 80 and 100 gallons +/-. You'll see tapped brass plates on the top of them. If you decide to use them the plugs can be a bear to get out. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Hi my boat doen't comes with holding tank both toilets are direct to the ocean I know this is bad that's the reason I instaled new holding tanks for each head. The middle tank between the tranny's says fuel in the outside probably for the genset that don't exist anymore but if I continue walking in the sidewalk of starboard side close galley there are two more inlet one says water and the other one fuel again. I have a tank in front of the galley floor but I can't reach the other one. My model is the one with the two diesel tanks in the master. Thanks

My 43 also has the two stateroom 200 gallon fuel tanks. Mine was listed by Hatt as having no holding tank. I believe what it meant was a not hooked up to the tank. I gotta believe the tanks were put into the keels on all the hulls. The farthest tank brass plate (all three have the same plate glassed in) is about 1/3 of the way back from the front of the engines. The middle tank sits right inside the door under the steps in the galley (my water tank) the third and foward tank is accesed from the hatch in between the v berths this is the one I use for my holding tank. I piped both heads into this one and also have a sealand pump and saltwater washdown pump under that hatch. When I got the pipe plugs out (a real bear of a job) the tank was actually under vacuum. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.