Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Globe engine impellers

I'm due for new main engine impellers. Several years ago I had a set of Globe blue run dry ones that lasted for 5 years. I checked them every year and they looked fine. Finaly I got nervous and replaced them. The new ones ran about 2 trips and shredded on the next start up. I was leaving for the Bahamas so I ran down and got the std jabsco imps. Globe gave me a refund but I'm scared of them now. Altho the first set was great I still have them for backups. Also does anyone have a source for the jabsco imps? Or should I try the globes again?
    Last edited by rsmith; 09-13-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

2. Re: Globe engine impellers

Not again...aren't the Globe blue the one's that got the bad reputation six or eight years ago..

Amyway, I have bought brand new Jabsco impellers on e-bay...but they are not always available...but definitely the best price. Worth checking once a week,

otherwise DEPCO is a popular source among Sam's members...

both online.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Re: Globe engine impellers

Quote Originally Posted by REBrueckner View Post
    Not again...aren't the Globe blue the one's that got the bad reputation six or eight years ago..

Amyway, I have bought brand new Jabsco impellers on e-bay...but they are not always available...but definitely the best price. Worth checking once a week,

otherwise DEPCO is a popular source among Sam's members...

both online.

I hadnt heard that but from my expierence I would'nt doubt it. Since both went at once I thought it was something I did. But i've got 500hours on the current set in 2 years so it had to be the rubber not cured right or something. Since I bought a house for the boat the only source of scuttlebutt I get is from you guys.
    Last edited by rsmith; 09-13-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Best price for Jabsco impellors is Amazon.com, $60 each.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I found a couple mfg of these impellers. Voltec and Ancor. I'm not going to experiment this time but does anyone know about these companys?
    Skys right amazon is the best deal thanks.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Every marine store around here (Kent Is, MD) has the correct 8v71 Jabsco impellers in stock for around 70 bucks. So they are not hard to find in this area at all. I replace my RW impellers every season and just go to whatever marine store I happen to be near to buy them.
    Mike P
    San Miguel de Allende, Mexico; Kent Island MD; San Antonio TX
    1980 53MY "Brigadoon"

Best deal is jamestown for 6-71's 48 bucks each (jabsco) Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Just bought some at $40.50.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Just make sure you get the right ones if you're ordering online. There were several different housings that were used even just on the 871's. I got my last set at Marysville Marine based out of Tennessee for around $50 and I just looked at the numbers off of the last impellers.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP View Post
    Every marine store around here (Kent Is, MD) has the correct 8v71 Jabsco impellers in stock for around 70 bucks. So they are not hard to find in this area at all. I replace my RW impellers every season and just go to whatever marine store I happen to be near to buy them.

Can you belive here in Fla the closest place to me is 40min away. I found its easier to order ahead and have it shipped.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976