Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Flybridge ladder treads

Any one got a lead/ideas on flybridge ladder treads for replacing the stock teak ones? Mine are shot and need to be replaced during my paint job while the boat is torn apart. She is a '73 45c.

Re: Flybridge ladder treads

Sams

I just went through that exercise since I wanted to replace my worn teak treads. searched all over the net and posted questions on the forums. got nowhere. then I was on ebay thinking I would buy a small sheet of anti skid starboard and cut my own. found a plastic company out of florida that was the seller on ebay. below was his quote:

Here is your revised starboard quote
    8- 3/4" white starboard anti skid 16 3/4" x 3 3/4" is $9.50 each
    1- 3/4" white starboard anti skid 16 1/2" x 5 1/2" is $13.80
    9- ad for 1/4" bullnoes on all sides top , bottom, and corners $5.00 each
    Total of $134.80
    Free shipping to any lower 48 states.

allen cesany | president
    yachtwindows.com
    oakland park, fl | 954.568.2002

I sent him my cc info on a thursday and I received the treads on monday. excellent work! i'm thrilled with the results. I used barrel screws to attach them to the aluminum support tread under each step. looks fantastic. I highly recommend.
    Tom

I got steps from sams (Steve) seven seasons ago. I got black star board look great. A little work to install but worth it.

I have Starboard treads in use since 1996 and although we use the boat a lot thay are as new.

Do you have support under the tread or are they just fastened on the tube? Mine are 16" from inside pipe to pipe and I was thinking that starboard would flex too much.

I've got 1" thick King Starboard with the non slip pattern. It's great but it DOES flex so my stainless guy is going to put a bar under each one.

Sounds like your steps are similar to the steps for my ladder coming up from the swim platform. I used 3/4 x 1" teak and glued 3 pieces together with 2 part epoxy to get the desired width. The center piece length was the distance between the support pipes and the same width as the pipe, 1". The outside pieces were longer to allow for the bolt through the pipe. I believe that teak came from worldpanel.com. Often you can find teak on ebay.

With 5 coats of varnish, it looked good. You can sprinkle non skid on the second to last coat.
    Regards,
    Vincent Castigliola
    Lilly Marie - 43 DC 1983
    Pascagoula, Mississippi

Rather than history as a peaceful continuum interrupted by war, “For the first time in the nation's history men in authority are talking about an "emergency" without a foreseeable end" _ C. Wright Mills 1956