Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

refrigerator replacement 46c series 1

Looking replace my refrigerator. Its a GE model and is not getting cold enough. The doors are showing signs of rust.
    Thanks

Re: refrigerator replacement 46c series 1

Quote Originally Posted by seacolt View Post
    Looking replace my refrigerator. Its a GE model and is not getting cold enough. The doors are showing signs of rust.
    Thanks
    Cover the door in a good coat of paint and then put teak veneer.Of course repair the cooling part first it really added a lot to the look. cheaper than a new one.....

I don't know what size refrigerator your using but if it's a 110 household model now's your chance to upgrade to a new Energy Star compliant refrigerator that will dramatically improve your battery life assuming your using a inverter to provide power to your fridg.

Yes it is 110 volt and I do use an inverter. But after reading through post, it seems getting the old one out and new one in could be a horror show. Just wondering if the newer models will fit throught the companion way?

Thanks for any advice

Look at apartment size refrigerators if you have a width problem with your doorway. I am thinking of replacing mine and the doorway is only 21.75" wide. This company makes a number of options (thanks to Jack Hamaker for the lead):

http://www.summitappliance.com/catalog/model/2668
    Last edited by fissioneng; 07-27-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

I'm in the midst of this waitting for the refrig to arrive. SHOULD (i hope) fit through without any major work it's a 12 cf ge. Can't get energy star in apt size at least the size we needed. The sawzall took the old one out and yes it was a pita. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.