Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Detroit Diesel/Norton Motorcycles - Kindred spirits...

Ahh..but as far as bikes go - If only I could find an affordable Vincent Black Shadow - the ultimate superbike!

I still have a 64 Triumph Bonneville that I purchased in 66. We also have the wifes 67 mustang and my 68 427 Vett, plus a couple of 58 chrysler hardtops with the orgional hemis, one of which was purchased new by my dad. For water thrills we have a 1975 32' off-shore race boat built by Dan Arena of unlimited hydro fame, plus two other of his boats including a purchased new, still origional 1956 Arena Craft Barracuda with a Thunderbird 312 for power. But all in all too much junk......it owns me instead of the other way around...... even the kids don't want it....go figure.

Iv'e had a lot of cool bikes, and a lot of super cool cars. What I have done recently is dump most of those toys (boats, bikes and cars) and now have durable Toyota car and truck (needing minimal service/repairs) so I can consintrate my efforts on my Hatt!!! (1970 44' Tricabin!) Spread yourself too thin and nothing gets done right, or quickly!
    Norm aboard Runaround Sue

1949 Ford F8 Wrecker. Used to drive it back in the late 50's, early 60's. Found it in a junkyard, and restored it right back to where it was. What a hoot!

Norm has a good point that I have slowly been edging toward over the past several years. I haven't yet been totally successful but I have finally learned to tell myself, "You don't need that-you don't have time for another toy."

But if that Vincent Black Shadow showed up...

Jim,

Old Fender Amps…
    Which ones do you have? If I ever make it up that way, I’ll bring my Strats with me.