Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

anyone know this 41'?

It's been a horribly depressing day working on mine so I was looking at this one, http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1963.../United-States.

Anyone know her?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Dan B
    1963 34DC
    Last Year's Rent

Re: anyone know this 41'?

Not familiar with that one, but it sure does make me appreciate mine that much more. Had a good day on mine with the first cruise of the year.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

On the listing it is stated...'great liveaboard'. Does as 41' really make for good liveaboard accomodations? I can see perhaps an extended cruise life...but a liveaboard?

We lived aboard our 41 for several years after we first got married. After living in houses and collecting stuff, tools, and pets for 30 years I'm not sure we could now live aboard a 141 footer.

I always found "great liveaboard" to mean "she's a slip queen and doesn't run or run well; hasn't left the slip in years."
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Angela, I'm looking for a great HATT liveaboard, not to be a dock queen but to actually liveaboard, be free of land, keeping living expenses in line (ie not having two things to keep up with) and able to pull away from the dock on a whim and cruise during weekends, holidays and days off.
    I know everyone has different definitions but that's mine and I need to do it with my children (4) and grandchildren (2 at the moment) but not necessarily all at the same time. If it was to be dock queen, I'd consider a seaway or something like it; but I love the characteristics of an older HATT, the sea worthiness, the build, and ability of going out in almost any condition. I only want to buy once, no mistakes, and have it last the rest of my lifetime. AND, if I win the lottery, I don't want to have my cruising limited .
    PS: would a good quality part # 36 long be happy on anything other than a HATT?

And, DCMY, thanks for your opinion. I too think a 41' is to small for a former house owner, tools and self efficienty.
    Last edited by SportFishCruising; 07-18-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Don't know her. The list of work done is impressive. If in the market for one I would certainly look at it.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

I have the same style Hatt. It looks like it has been maintained. I am not sure why there are no pic of the ER. Definitely not a liveaboard, but for the money, it is a good buy as long as the engines are in good shape.
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I always found "great liveaboard" to mean "she's a slip queen and doesn't run or run well; hasn't left the slip in years."
    Not sure how you're coming up with that one Ang. Would you not describe your boat as a great liveaboard?

As for a 41DC serving as a liveaboard, there are several members of this forum living on much smaller boats. I've lived on mine for several months at at time and was very comfortable. It would be plenty big for a couple and maybe even a couple with a child.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

It seems that liveaboards have a lot of AC problems.