Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The right tool?

The right tool?

After years of non-use, I finally decide to hook up a cable TV wire to the inlet on the side on my hull on my 56 MY. As some of you may know, there is a combination inlet that has one spot for telephone and one spot for a coax cable. However, after confirming with cable TV that the incoming signal is good, I now need to clean the stub in this combination inlet that accepts the coax cable. The only problem is that it is really hard to get my fingers in there and impossible to get any real bite with a piece of emory cloth. Is there a proper tool or spray to clean this inlet so that the cable has a good ground connection? Thanks.

Re: The right tool?

you should be able to pull the inlet out of the boat, then disassemble the plug to clean it.

How about one of those Oral-B Vitality orbital rechargable toothbrushes with some compound on the brush?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

spray contact cleaner at radio shack or some other electronics store, some good auto parts places.

go to radio shack and buy a coupler for 75 cents and put it in place of the coupler in the inlet.

Thanks. Off to the Shack later.