Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Systems Monitor

Systems Monitor

I have a 1988 52' Hatteras Convertable. There is a Systems Monitor panel on the bridge with 12 lights, two push buttons and an alarm.

1. The panel is so faded, I cannot read what the indicator lights are. Does anyone know the information to go with the lights?

2. I have one that is lit and I believe it says FIRE. I have no fire, but do not know where the sending unit for fire is nor where to get a replacemnt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thom

Re: Systems Monitor

Do you have your owners manual? I think there is a drawing of it in there.
    Looking for another boat...not a Hatt

3. Re: Systems Monitor

Call hatteras and give them your hull id #...they'll know if the monitor was original and should have ALL drawings for your boat....
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Quote Originally Posted by DEBIT View Post
    I have a 1988 52' Hatteras Convertable. There is a Systems Monitor panel on the bridge with 12 lights, two push buttons and an alarm.

1. The panel is so faded, I cannot read what the indicator lights are. Does anyone know the information to go with the lights?

2. I have one that is lit and I believe it says FIRE. I have no fire, but do not know where the sending unit for fire is nor where to get a replacemnt.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thom

I have a 45c with the same configeration simply call sams marine and order a new one..Be sure to wire it back the same way you take it off.As for the lit light there are 4 sensors in the engine room and two in the headliner one in the salon and one in the gally.You can short out the sensor to find out which one is bad may as well order about 3 sensors from sams at the same time good luck The light will go out when you short out the one giving trouble there should be a alarm going off at the same time on the bridge unless you have silenced it..I am sure some more guys here will join in good luck tim

Thank you - I will call Sams today

How much for the 12 v pre-wired panel for a 45C. Does the price list say over a $1000.00 for one ? Thank you,

Greg

Thom,

We just had an excellent seminar/demonstration regarding the systems monitors on Hatteras boats. I suggest you contact Roger Wetherington at 252-241-0803 cell or 252-728-2690 ext.246 and have your HIN # at the ready and he will guide you to the problem and/or repair. By the way you may want to have a jumper wire with an alligator clip on each end standing by as well.

Walt