Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Curtain Track Slide

I'm having new draperies made and I need 6 more of the little vinyl curtain track slides - has a small ball at tip and flat section below that is sewn onto the top of the drapery. Does anyone know where to buy these? Thanks.

Re: Curtain Track Slide

Quote Originally Posted by eze2bme View Post
    I'm having new draperies made and I need 6 more of the little vinyl curtain track slides - has a small ball at tip and flat section below that is sewn onto the top of the drapery. Does anyone know where to buy these? Thanks.
    Sailrite has them. I think Sams does too.

http://www.sailrite.com/Curtain-Slides-Tab-Style
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The Admiral just bought some online, dirt cheap for like 36 of them. Let me check with her and I'll post the source later tonight.

I sewed all new drapes for Sanctuary. I got all of those tabs from Sam's. They are 20 cents from Sam's.

Sailrite is 30 cents unless you're going to buy a lot. Over 100, and they are 21 cents from Sailrite.
    Last edited by Angela; 03-20-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Or, you can go to a non boat/sail shop and buy them for $.175 each (packs of 50 for $8.69).

http://www.curtain-tracks.com/3040-n...intracks-gbase

They're called Tail Slides. Prices are all over the board, but this is the best price she found....

Curtain Tracks is a good source too. That's where I got the tabs for the shower curtain. I have one head that takes a shower curtain. Turns out the shower tabs are Airstreem tabs!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Thanks ...

Angela,

I am trying to get a shower curtain for the track that is in the forward head (1972 53MY). It doesn;t look like there is a gap at either end so that I could feed in whatever tabs i find. What am I missing? I assume that I need to buy a shower curtain and then sew in those little tabs but then how do i get it into track? Would Sam's have a ready-made shower curtain?

Quote Originally Posted by lldks View Post
    Angela,

I am trying to get a shower curtain for the track that is in the forward head (1972 53MY). It doesn;t look like there is a gap at either end so that I could feed in whatever tabs i find. What am I missing? I assume that I need to buy a shower curtain and then sew in those little tabs but then how do i get it into track? Would Sam's have a ready-made shower curtain?
    Sometimes there is a little notch cut out in the track where you can feed the sliders in. Other times, the track ends with some space at the end where you can feed the sliders in. In either situation, you use a little plug, or stop (can't think of the proper term right now), to plug the hole where you inserted the sliders, or put one these stops at the end of the track. These stops are little square pieces of metal with a set screw in them that holds them in place. If you don't install the stops, then every time you open or close the curtain, the sliders are going to start falling out.

Can you take a photo of your track for me? Could it be that your track simply unscrews and then you put the sliders in and re-attach it? That might have been done for a short track, but doubtful for a long track. I have shower doors in three of my four showers, but for the one "wet head", I put a common shower curtain ring that you can find at Wal*Mart and then loop that through the loop on the slider. I'll try to remember to take a photo of mine and post it for you.

You can use a standard shower curtain - there is nothing special there. Just be sure to measure so you can choose regular or extra long.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"

Thanks for the info. I'll look a little closer to see if there is a space in the middle of the track to feed in. I was looking at the ends because that is where it is on the other tracks for curtains. If i don't find it, I'll send you a picture. I would love to get a pic of your system. I looked at the curtain track website someone had suggested (you?) and say some of the sliders that have a piece of elastic hanging for it (they say it is widely used on RVs). Is that what you loop through the stock shower curtain ring? Otherwise, I can't imagine how to get the ring to attack to the slider. Am I being dense?