Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Faith

Re: Lost Faith

Quote Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
    I am glad to see that restraint is being used due to pending litigation. I hate that this happened to you, but please post pictures or proof. You are continuing to drag a company with a well respected history through the mud without any kind of proof.
    You have not been able to use the boat, or you refuse to use the boat, allmost a 4 year layup. What is Hatteras' stand at this point? This does not sound like the Hatteras I am familiar with.

Is there a reason why you have not posted photos of the problem areas?

You might be able to get some very helpful insight here.

Mike

First let me introduce myself. I am the original poster Dave Jones' son Jeremie. Here is some of the pictures and other information he has collected. Had to do it in a Flickr album. Here's the link :

flickr.com/photos/49098007@N08/sets/72157623655115105

Sorry you will have to copy and paste above link.

Sunchaser
    I have not been able to use boat, hatteras att. says that it could damage boat more and will destroy evidence. Believe me this is not the hatteras i was use to
    Thriple Threat
    I can not post all proof it is much to lengthy,if you go to link you will see some, if this is not enough let me know
    Rebrecken
    I was given a number of theories ,hatteras changed from detroits to cats and did not compensate for added weight. Tunnels were added at same time. Production manger has also told me that hull lay up schedule has change at about hull # 90.
    Captddis
    When this problem started I went to hatteras and met with vice pres. of sales and dealer and told them that I would be willing to up grade [they stopped making 50' sf] and pay the difference as long as there was no PROFIT involved. I was told that they would give me 30% of what i paid for for my boat and pay top dollar for new boat. Dealer went as far as to say why don't I go trade it in on a Viking because if we take your boat in trade and sell it we will have to disclose a hull defect.

I am sorry for your troubles, This situation if as stated makes Hatteras look bad and their repair facility look worse . Please keep us posted

6. Re: Lost Faith

Has anyone been able to find these pictures? I have tried three times...(from post #33)

flickr.com/photos/49098007@N08/sets/72157623655115105
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Yes, copy and paste worked fine.

Here's the direct link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4909800...57623655115105
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I saw them but was not able to enlarge them properly. All I can say is wow what a mess and guess this is a Real posting and not a hose.

The link worked fine for me. I couldn't think of anything to say after I saw them the first time. The surveyor's report, although one person's professional opinion, makes it look worse than the pictures do.

There are a number of the 50's on the market with 3412s. The more appealing ones are the ones with the 3406 and C18s...I wonder if they have issues as well?

Dave, did you mention your hull#? I would assume that the layup was changed in a positive manner in hull 90 and above, and that you have a hull # lower than that?

I hope this gets resolved in your favor. It seems to me that the old days of "overbuild it and not worry" stopped before they shot for a 40 kt 50 footer.
    Last edited by nor'easter; 04-06-2010 at 09:50 AM. Reason: edit
    (formerly Nor'easter 1995 39 Hatt SX)

10. Re: Lost Faith

Scrod: thanks for the link....
    At least the first few surveyor recommendations seem entirely reasonable.... maybe removing the bottom paint on the whole boat would be an issue of contention, but would Hatteras want to trust that the entire bottom is ok after what happened without a careful inspection? As the owner, with that much boat speed and power, I POSITIVELY would want to see under that paint.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.