Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hurley Hatteras 1972 42 -C

Vintage bristol condition,twin Detroit 671 naturals,dual helm stations,low hour Northern Lights generator,all electronics including radar, kept in covered shed in Urbanna Va. She's not a speedster but she sure is a looker! Phone # 804-218-9738 $ 135,000 OBO pics to follow if I can figure out how to load them.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Evans; 03-27-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: pics

Re: Hurley Hatteras 1972 42 -C

Bill,
    started looking for this exact model, I am very interested as i am upgrading from my 34.

Bill -

Did you buy this 42 from Virginia Yacht Brokers a couple of years ago? If so, she is a really beautiful boat!!!!!

Best of luck on the sale. Someone will be very happy.

Cheers, george

Quote Originally Posted by instigator View Post
    Bill,
    started looking for this exact model, I am very interested as i am upgrading from my 34.

Give me your e-mail address and I can send you pics and any other info that you may be interested in, or you may feel free to call @ 804-218-9738.

Thanks,
    Bill Evans
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Evans; 03-27-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by st.tully View Post
    Bill -

Did you buy this 42 from Virginia Yacht Brokers a couple of years ago? If so, she is a really beautiful boat!!!!!

Best of luck on the sale. Someone will be very happy.

Cheers, george

George,

She is the same boat. We happened to know the original owner who sold it to the gentleman that put it up for sale with Virginia Yacht brokers. We are still in awe of the original owner( Buddy Wyker of Urbanna Va.) the extents that he went to establish and maintain her to her present "Bristol" condition. I know you are probably wondering why we are parting with her. Well... We have always had a passion for vintage wooden boats, works of art. Recently we aquired a 1937 Philup Rhodes 47 cutter rig, and we want to sail for a bit.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Evans; 05-03-2010 at 02:13 PM.

I see the 1975 45-C just sold for an undisclosed amount,probably somewhere close to my asking price of 135,000 OBO. I guess I'm asking too much. How about 110,000 OBO. And I won't be insulted by any offers.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Evans; 05-03-2010 at 03:20 PM.

If you have a moment, would you mind sending more detailed pictures to me. My email is craig.zobrist@hpepaper.com Thank you.

please also send the info to: wpn@krausinc.com
    THanks

How about a 1977 42c, galley down, norcold refrig , 2500 watt inverter, charger, auto pilot, color graph, 12" garmin chart plotter, new 1/2 tower and instrument box, new paint topside, 11' avon with 18 hp on bow with davit, 3500 hours on gen set 50 hrs on brand new cummins 480ce with zf gears, new struts, shafts, stuffing boxes, shaftlogs. House battery bank 900ah+.

I walked past this boat today on the dock at Bahia Mar in Ft Lauderdale. Still for sale (with a broker, not me). She sure is a nice one.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"