Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras Trawler

I just finished reading an article online about the original 74' Hatteras trawler yacht built in the early 70's. Predecessor of thr LRC's. Spectacular!!! Go to WWW.classicyachtmag.com/currentissue.
    It would seem that Hatteras should look into the past to find the future.
    JMHO, Fred

Re: Hatteras Trawler

Great article! Thanks for sharing!

That's one of the commercial fishing trawlers. It is detailed in the biography on Jack Hargrave. It's also in the brochures archive here. Interesting conversion.

http://www.hatterasowners.com/Brochu...TYArchives.htm

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Absolutely incredible! Her functional state, after the Boeing upgrades, appear to exceed any such trawler existing today. Anyone care to venture how accurate that is?
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

5. Re: Hatteras Trawler

Awsome...
    six inch thick glass hull???? WOW.....and hull and superstructure insulated!!!!

I believe we may have briefly discussed this model some years ago??....At the time, the report I had was that several (maybe 3??) of these were supposedly built....can't recall if I inquired here or Trawlers and Trawlering.....
    a big Hatteras "trawler" like this was for sale at the time I believe in Rhode Island....If I recall correctly I inquired about the boat as it was listed as a "Hatteras"... but had no serial/hull id number.....listed maybe by Yacht Salvage.com at the time...no way to verify it was a Hatt...

Anyway when I called Hatteras at New Bern the guy I talked to had no knowledge of such a large older Hatt...
    so it's REALLY interesting to see at least one such HATT really exists....
    Last edited by REBrueckner; 03-17-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

Here's the link to the United Yachts listing on the boat. The wording on the listing looks pretty much the same as written in Classic Yachts Magazine, but there are additional pictures. Not bad, a 1970 74' Hatteras listed for $1.7 million.

http://www.unitedyacht.com/uysfl/Yac...asBrochure.pdf
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

That boat has been tied up at the San Diego Yacht Club (right across from me) forever.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

With a 12'3" draft he would have to raft on to a cruise ship here in Key West.
    Skooch

9. Re: Hatteras Trawler

22ft beam, the article says 1 NMPG at 10 knots!!!!! I don't believe it. fanstastic if even close.
    Rob Brueckner
    former 1972 48ft YF, 'Lazy Days'
    Boating isn't a matter of life and death: it's more important than that.

You couldn't do much with this boat in the Chesapeake Bay- our mean water depth IS twelve feet- but as a bluewater cruiser it would be very difficult to beat.

I remember hearing years ago that one of these hulls was finished out for Dan Blocker (Hoss on Bonanza, I think) but I am not certain I've got this right. Anyone know?