Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Re: Boat Photo Thread

Evel Knevils Broward. I met him a couple times he was a pretty kool guy. This was after the Snake river canyon jump.

"DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Talking Re: Boat Photo Thread

Heading out the West Harbor Channel in Lake Erie.....and one right after new paint job and before half tower was back on.....
    Attached Images
    "Yachtzee"
    1976 36C Hatteras
    Catawba Island, OH

In my totally biased opinion, owning one myself, the prettiest boat Hatteras ever made- the Series I 36 convertible. What a sweetheart. And what a nice example of the model, too.

Chateau de Mer, 1981 48MY at Boca Chita spring 2010.
    Attached Images

Hi All,

It NEVER ceases to amaze me that I can completely miss a thread!! I pop into the forum at least twice
    a day if not more and I totally missed this thread which was started in Feb. 2010 by Ben (cool idea by
    the way Ben)....

Does this happen to anyone else !!!!!

A few of my favorite shots of Glittering Image. (first 3 of 6, others to follow tomorrow).
    1974 Hatteras Yachtfish. Length 48'9" beam 14'7". Powered by Detriot 8v71 Naturals.

The first one should be making our way to Nantucket in the summer of 2010 for 12 days
    of vaca-rain-tion....even the dog wanted to go home.

The second is at anchor in FL.

The last is on the hard a few days after we bought her.
    Last edited by lumina; 03-20-2011 at 12:10 PM.
    Gene
    Former Owner 1974 Hatteras Yachtfish
    Glittering Image

Hull # 50
    Total Production 1972-1975 Sixty Four

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    In my totally biased opinion, owning one myself, the prettiest boat Hatteras ever made- the Series I 36 convertible. What a sweetheart. And what a nice example of the model, too.

I agree the 36 was one of the best proportioned Sportfish's. Looks naked with out riggers tho.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Overtaking the R&T a 1973 45 with 8/n's headed to the canyon in the early 80's

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Looks naked with out riggers tho.
    I've run across 2 different SF with full towers and no outriggers. One even had a nice Release Marine chair on her. Looks real strange without the riggers.
    Jack Sardina

Quote Originally Posted by saltshaker View Post
    I've run across 2 different SF with full towers and no outriggers. One even had a nice Release Marine chair on her. Looks real strange without the riggers.

I've seen a couple too. But I think they were repaints that they never put the riggers back on or ones that lost them in the hurricanes. A new set of triple spreaders will set you back $10k today so you could see y someone selling the boat might take a set of bent ones off and not replace them. I sold my old set after the hurricanes and replaced them with 41' triple spreader Lee's big rigs. They are double wall super heavy designed for the 30+ knot boats. I wanted them because we fish tag lines with heavier baits in the Bahamas and the lighter riggers get too much wip to them when u pull the baits up sea. My father knew Mr Lee back in the 60's I cant believe Lee's moved out of miami after 50+ years. Their up in NC now.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Saint Joseph River Yacht Club, St Joseph, Michigan
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dan & mary 43dc; 03-20-2011 at 08:06 PM.