Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. Re: No longer confused

Very nice! Awesome to see the proud old ladies in fine style
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: No longer confused

Seems like I had an issue with that switch also. Glad to hear shes all good.

This is so exciting! I am new to the Hatteras world and I love learning more about the "classics". Everywhere I look, people are telling stories about how well they were built and how proud they are of them.

This restoration project is especially interesting to me because I am just weeks away from bitting the bullet and buying a 79 DC43. It is also a fresh water boat (currently in Paris France!) with little time (700hrs) on the engines. The inspection reveiled that the haul should be stripped and redone. The seller is offering to get it done or to reduct the cost from the purchase price.

Out of curiosity, what is your cost associated with the stripping and repainting as well as the new windows? This would be the work really required if I wanted to bring her back to a similar level than yours is now. She doesn't need engine or electronic work.

Thanks and keep those pictures coming! Get some close-ups too!

Man Vs Sea has left the yard. I am going to post some exterior pictures and next weekend I will have some interior pics ready. Voyage to one of her slips was uneventful.
    Attached Images

Here is a pic of the stern. I had the swim platform reinforced with stainless plates on the inside.
    Attached Images

Here is one of the cockpit.
    Attached Images

I have a '72 43'DCFB...totally impressed with your boat's appearance- awesome, as my grandson would say. These are great boats and much 'larger' than they look. As my son's Mother-in-law said, during a tour, "it's the first time I ever got lost on a boat!".
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

We purchased a 40 DCMY from League City, TX three years ago. That is a wonderful area to get boat wok done. Ceaser is the best electronics man I have met. Rodney King for canvas, Glen Kingom for fuel polishing. I did not have any paint work done.

hey tom, she looks great,glad to hear that you had no problems bringing her home. does that mean that you are coming to orange beach for the rendezvous?????