Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Making wing doors & NUTEAK/TEKDEK imitation teak

Well, for me it's a case of finding something that looks better than plain painted non-skid and is easier to keep clean than a carpet. While I would love to do genuine teak, I don't want the on-going maintenance putting it on a high traffic area like the aft deck would require. What i don;t know yet is hbow resistant the NuTeak/FlexTek product is to scuffing/denting from furniture.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

i used to say the same thing about teak (too much maintenance). the aft decks, stairs and platform of the boat i run is all teak and it's actually easier to keep clean than the non skid foredeck where a single footprint looks disgusting.

with teak, jsut use Snappy Nu twice a year and it restores it like new.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Root View Post
    Well, for me it's a case of finding something that looks better than plain painted non-skid and is easier to keep clean than a carpet. While I would love to do genuine teak, I don't want the on-going maintenance putting it on a high traffic area like the aft deck would require. What i don;t know yet is hbow resistant the NuTeak/FlexTek product is to scuffing/denting from furniture.

You might consider Epoxy Chip seamless flooring. It's used a lot on comercial boats I just used on the lower interior of the 60C. It's pretty easy to do not expensive and looks Nice. It can be done in a texture which gives non skid that cleans easily.

Brian

Pascal/Brian:

You have given me much food for thought. Thanks.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY