Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: New Sweet Melissa!

Byron, best of luck with your wonderful new yacht. There is no substitute for quality, especially offshore. Enjoy!

Best Regards, Bob K

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Byron, happy to hear the kittys are purrring.
    When you make the jump, Do you plan on running the ditch or running outside?
    Whats your next harbor, Panama City, P'cola, The Wharf?
    A.G.W.,W.P. Whats your E.T.A., W.A.G. for SWEET MELISSA'S New Berth?

Wishing You and Melissa a CONTINUED SAFE and HAPPY MAIDEN VOYAGE.

Cant wait to see her in person!!!
    We're set to leave tomorrow morning. I always run outside when weather permits so we'll pull a line from Tampa inlet to just west of Cape San Blas shoals, then straight to Pensacola inlet and then hop inside and head to the Wharf (my home away from home).

We should be in Madisonville by the end of the week!

AGW..WP????????????????WTF? bigbill

Bigbill,
    ALL GOING WELL, WEATHER PERMITTING.
    You got the E.T.A., W.A.G.?

not sure about the WAG, i thought you would explain ALL of that s#$T to us normal folks. bigbill

Wife and girlfriend... ws
    http://www.acronymfinder.com/
    yachtsmanWILLY

I used to think I knew everything until I found the experts HERE; Now I know I dont know SQUAT

www.flybridge.proboards.com
    Uncensored, no nonsense boating fun for adults

Well I've seen it. Byron was nice enough to look me up while in the Tampa area and invite me over to meet him and see the boat. It really is spectacular the pics he's posted on here don't do it justice at all. I know this is a hat forum and remember I own one also and I love it but I have to say Byron's boat is a cut or two above any Hat I've seen. I'm trying to make a fair comparison so I'm not comparing it to a mid 70s or 80s Hat I'm comparing it to similar size and vintage and it's just quite a bit better.

The machinery is good heavy duty stuff that's not strained to the point of sacrificing longevity the HP ratings are modest. Gen sets are nice heavy duty 1200 RPM and it's just a really well engineered engine room with a lot of nice stuff. Like a fuel centrifuge and day tanks forced ventilation in and out with a control system to adjust flow depending on how hard everything running. Lots of redundancy and really laid out nice.

The interior joinery is just amazing that's several notch's above any Hat I've seen it's just gorgeous and obviously done with very little concern for material costs or labor absolutely first class. Along with all deck hardware doors etc. It's got small hydraulic capstans on each side in the stern for snubbing up to peer how cool is that? The pilot house doors are dogged and gasketed but not tug boat style yacht style they close like a bank vault and lock down on a gasket just really good stuff.

For me the coolest thing about this whole story (and it is a story) is that if you saw that boat tied up someplace you would immediately think wealthy guy white collar wall street type guy big money guy. Byron is anything but that and I mean that in a good way he's a heck of a nice guy and a regular guy like most of us on this forum. He simply saw an opportunity in a depressed market played his cards just right and won the prize and what prize. Score one for the regular folks!!!

Brian
    Last edited by Brian Degulis; 01-31-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Very Nice Brian, Thanks!

Captned
    MBMM
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

W.a.g., Wild A$$ Guess

Brian,

Thank you for the kind words! It was a real pleasure showing you around the boat, especially since you really know what you are looking at!

We departed Tampa Inlet at about 10am yesterday and just tied up at The Wharf (Orange Beach, AL) for 3pm. The boat did fantastic! She has been itching to get outside and run for a while, and that's what she got.

Time to wash off the salt, have several adult beverages and relax!