Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Re: New Sweet Melissa!

BUMP

Updates/Progress?

Did Trident Marine move to NOLA or am I thinking of another yard? Messed up in Katrina/Rita but recovered and still in business..or was.

Byron, it is a terrific boat, and you need a ship's surgeon. I am ideally qualified, since I asked first. You have enough captains, as a matter of fact you have folks with scrambled eggs on their hats all the way down to the cabin boys. Fortunately you have a qualified physician/boater (myself) offering his services. Sir, I will be with you shortly. About as fast as I can pack and get the hell out of MD, where it is currently (only) about thirty-five degrees.

PC Eric Horst (Classic Yacht Club) will vouch for my credentials as I have been Fleet Surgeon for CYCA for several years. My duties as FS consist of placing a small flag in front of my plate at ceremonial dinners. I have performed this function perfectly and stand ready to assist you in any way possible.

AKA, congratulations on owning a custom yacht and such a beautiful one in the bargain. As my English friends say, "well done, sir!!"

Sorry for the delay but I have been busy with the boat in Ft Lauderdale.

Deckhand, it does have a bow thruster. It is a 30hp Hydraulic unit in a 12" tube powered by a PTO on both gensets so it works on whichever genny is running at the time without starting the other when you need it.

We're moving right along...just left Ft Lauderdale yesterday morning and went outside of Port Everglades Inlet with 25kts out of the north and 5-6's on the nose. She LOVED it! BIG fun! We ran up the coast to Stuart and spent the night. Today we had a nice easy day and made it across Lake Okeechobee and are presently at Roland Martin's Tiki Bar & Marina. We could have gone much farther today, but this place was so much fun when we took the 58YF through here in 2005 that I just had to spend the night and party at the Tiki Bar!

The boat is simply amazing and whether we're at 10.5kts burning 18gph or 18kts burning 60gph, you can hardly tell because the boat is so quiet and smooth at any speed. We'll make the west coast of FL tomorrow and jump across the Gulf shortly thereafter.

Thanks to all of you that have offered such kind words and support and I'll try to post updates whenever I can.

Jim,
    The yard you are referring to is Trinity, not Trident.

Thirdhatt,
    You have a beautiful new boat. You have done an excellent job on making the current state of the pleasure boating industry work well for you. All the best in your future cruises. If you're ever in NJ, please contact me and we'll round up some of the local HOFers and allow you to lead a parade of beautiful boats (Hatteras or otherwise).
    Larry Kaplan
    Former Owner of
    1980 60' Sportfish

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Byron,
    I wanted to give the machinery a couple of days under full load before i asked the question.
    Whats the temperature of the KEGERATOR?
    Just got to Ft. Meyers Yacht Basin. Kegerator temp: 26 degrees! Somehow it is not frozen and it is frosty cold coming out. I just hope the keg lasts until I get to the panhandle!

The crew at the dock in Stuart.
    Attached Images

Looking Good Byron - glad your trip has gone well so far. Looks like you're dead on the schedule I'm planning on so far. What's your plan from Ft. Myers?

Y'all have fun and be safe jumping across.

Reed

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    The boat is simply amazing and whether we're at 10.5kts burning 18gph or 18kts burning 60gph, you can hardly tell because the boat is so quiet and smooth at any speed. We'll make the west coast of FL tomorrow and jump across the Gulf shortly thereafter.

Thanks to all of you that have offered such kind words and support and I'll try to post updates whenever I can.
    Wow those #s look real good for a boat of that size. When are we going to see pictures of the engine room

Have a good trip and I would say enjoy it but I think you got that figured out already
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdHatt View Post
    Just got to Ft. Meyers Yacht Basin. Kegerator temp: 26 degrees! Somehow it is not frozen and it is frosty cold coming out. I just hope the keg lasts until I get to the panhandle!
    UPDATE: The keg is EMPTY! No worries, we've arranged to swap out for a full one today while we let this cold front pass.

We ran outside from Ft. Meyers up tp Tampa yesterday and it was an incredible day. Less than 1' and 10-15kts on the stern. I decided she needed to be run a bit so I called up 1700rpm for about 17.8kts for 3 hours. Those Cats LOVED it!

Byron, happy to hear the kittys are purrring.
    When you make the jump, Do you plan on running the ditch or running outside?
    Whats your next harbor, Panama City, P'cola, The Wharf?
    A.G.W.,W.P. Whats your E.T.A., W.A.G. for SWEET MELISSA'S New Berth?

Wishing You and Melissa a CONTINUED SAFE and HAPPY MAIDEN VOYAGE.

Cant wait to see her in person!!!