Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Marquipt 3-step Dock Steps

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the four step version of Marquipt's aluminum folding dock steps. Now our 100lb. dog can get on/off the aft deck when we're tied to floating docks.

I am selling the three step dock steps we have now. These are free standing folding steps that set on the dock. They are NOT the tide-ride articulating variety. These steps work great on narrow finger piers where there isn't enough room for the tide ride type. They are in good condition with very little corrosion. There is some deterioration of the black non-skid strips on tghe steps, easily fixed. An aluminum folding handrail is included.

These are very well made units. Marquipt is very proud of them. Their price new is $1,034 for the three-step unit. I will sell mine for $500 plus shipping. To view, go to <www.marquipt.com> and click on the picture of the dock steps. There is a picture plus a PDF with complete specs.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Re: Marquipt 3-step Dock Steps

I would be interested but I think I need the 4-step unit as well. What do you pay for that one?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky:

$1,350 + tax & shipping. Yikes! We would have stayed with the three step were it not for the dog. Opened height for the three step is 28". I'm pretty sure it would be too low for your boat. Opened height for the four step is 38".
    I've been looking for a used one for almost a year - no luck.
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

I think I would use that more than my tide ride. Being in the tideless sea, we really don't have much of a change in height. It also looks like even the 4-step would be lighter and easier to handle than the 5-step tide ride that I have now.
    Sky Cheney

The new 4-step arrived today. It's a thing of beauty; not too heavy and folds up perfectly flat. Be aware, though, that because the bottom is flat, it will wobble a little if the dock surface is not pefectly flat. I put a couple of shims under the high spots. That fixed the problem.
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Bill,
    I just bought a used 4-step. I was wondering how well it will sit on the dock. Have you ever had to screw it down? Do high winds affect it? It seems very stable and hefty sitting in my living room, but I wondered if you ever had any problems with yours. I would think that as long as the dock is flat without any raised boards it should stay put and not rock around.
    Sky Cheney